What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready player One trailer!!

D

Deleted member 181

Ok anyone who hasn't read this book should firstly be ashamed of themselves and if you haven't you still have time to redeem yourselves .... however for those that have will be juicing up in the crotch level as much as I am , I would assume ... so here it is the first teaser trailer to the greatest work of fiction ever written

Ready mother flipping player one !!!!!!

Enjoy ladies

Ok anyone who hasn't read this book should firstly be ashamed of themselves and if you haven't you still have time to redeem yourselves .... however for those that have will be juicing up in the crotch level as much as I am , I would assume ... so here it is the first teaser trailer to the greatest work of fiction ever written

Ready mother flipping player one !!!!!!

Enjoy ladies
Remember coming back from the US and passing my copy on to you..... 'Read this. You might like it '..... [emoji6]

You had leant it to one of your better friends already , so I had to download it , on your recommendation though .
Still havnt got past the first chapter of that whale one yet... the first chapter was a bit hard going :eek:

Book was awesome, they seem to have his house as i remember it in my head ;)

Book was awesome, they seem to have his house as i remember it in my head ;)
Unfortunately his second novel Armada was an absolute crock of sh#t. Virtually unreadable.

He isn't the greatest writer in the world, luckily the story/premise and overload of 70s/80s pop culture carries RPO along brilliantly. A real page turner.

Armada however shows up his literary short comings , it's a poor poor mashup of more RPO pop culture referencing, which just comes across as lazy and tiresome second time round, and The Last Starfighter. One of the worst books I have ever read. So disappointed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately his second novel Armada was an absolute crock of sh#t. Virtually unreadable.

He isn't the greatest writer in the world, luckily the story/premise and overload of 70s/80s pop culture carries RPO along brilliantly. A real page turner.

Armada however shows up his literary short comings , it's a poor poor mashup of more RPO pop culture referencing, which just comes across as lazy and tiresome second time round, and The Last Starfighter. One of the worst books I have ever read. So disappointed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The last star fighter was a good film tho ,loved that as a kid

Trailer looks awesome for what is an amazing book :thumbs: Agree on Armada though, put it down after the first few pages and never went back.

Watching that trailer, I hope they included lots of the original 80s games like Joust, as it seems he was going 'back' to the computer game graphics of much more recent gaming, which would be a shame. But I'm a huge fan of the book so looking forward to the film too. And Spielberg can usually be relied upon to do a good job of storytelling. Fingers crossed.

Just finished the book. What a great read! The trailer doesn't do it justice in my view. Adventure was one of my first ever favourite games, true classic.

Still waiting for my copy of the book to turn up, been on back order for a while on Amazon

Just ordered the book - not a huge reader of fiction so had let this pass me by a bit, but with so many positive comments here it had to be worth a go!

It was the 1st gate to competition Easter egg in the book.

Was disappointed by the trailer. The only scene I could instantly associate with the book was the stacks at the start. The rest looks like CGI ********

Just finished reading this, thanks for the recommendation I really enjoyed it (Yes I know it's an old thread! It just takes me a while to get around to doing things!!)
But be warned you get all nostalgic and start thinking about folklore & all that stuff!!! Great 80's cheese

I really enjoyed the book too - read it on holiday a few months back, I'm tempted by his second book, but it's not so good I've heard....

I really enjoyed the book too - read it on holiday a few months back, I'm tempted by his second book, but it's not so good I've heard....

Armada - the 2nd novel - is one of the worst books I have ever read. It's truly dreadful.

TBH Ready Player One is carried along by the rollicking nostalgia fest story, the writing is just 'ok' - this really hit home when I tried to read it a 2nd time.
Don't get me wrong - its a great story , just not great literature :)

Last edited:
Afraid I think you’ll be disappointed by the film...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve seen it - it’s good but I think they’ve catered for a more generic audience in the movie and it feels a little watered down - if you haven’t read the book then I suggest watching the movie first and then reading the book. That way you’ll have no expectations in the movie and then the book is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom