This is exactly my level, but god does love a trier 🙂

Rules knowledge - 7
Ball control - 6
Shot accuracy - 5
Nudging / saving - 4
Multiball - 3
Adapting - 2
Consistency - 1

It's a nice pattern, but I think it's a fair self assessment too :)

Rules knowledge - 7
Ball control - 7
Shot accuracy - 8
Nudging / saving - 3
Multiball - 6
Adapting - 8

Overall 39/60

Rules 8
Ball control 8
Shot accuracy 8
Nudging/saving 8
Multiball 9
Adapting 7
48/60 or thats what I would say, would be interested also in others honest thoughts on my play since many of you will have watched me on stream. I find it difficult to judge myself as I often find im in the zone kind of thing where im just playing as Iv known for so many years and feel comfortable.

🤣🤣 but I think Craig and I are judging ourselves against the likes of Elwin/Eric Stone/Danielle etc as well as alot of these really young players who are right up there at the top
Correct, you got it mate. When I was thinking about my numbers, I was thinking if Escher/Johannes/Jason are the benchmark of 10, then that feels about right to me. FWIW, I think yours looks good 👊

@roadshow16 & @PUP

You're both being way too modest - there's no way you both scored 48 and I scored myself 49!

You should both be scoring yourself higher in adapting. Whether that's the way a particular machine plays, or game state and how many points you need to win that particular game.
That's what makes you the top 2 players in the UK and so consistent.

🤣🤣 but I think Craig and I are judging ourselves against the likes of Elwin/Eric Stone/Danielle etc as well as alot of these really young players who are right up there at the top
Correct, you got it mate. When I was thinking about my numbers, I was thinking if Escher/Johannes/Jason are the benchmark of 10, then that feels about right to me. FWIW, I think yours looks good 👊
In that case I am definitely going to need those minus numbers 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: PUP
Very easy to say:
pretty awful.
Can not beat any pinball player.
Was once shamed by Aid Coopers daughter (who stood on a stool and beat me whilst in single figures of age!) @Poibug may remember this.
The only time I have a chance is when a friend comes over who has not played pinball since 1993.
Actually pretty rubbish is an understatement.
Forking carp.

Yeah, I too thought about the bench mark you set yourself against might influence peoples scores...!

Rules 8
Ball control 7
Shot accuracy 7
Nudging/saving 8
Multiball 9
Adapting 9

Total 48/60

Rated against the very top players eg Escher/Joahnnes:

Rules 8
Ball control 4
Shot accuracy 5
Nudging/saving 4
Multiball 3
Adapting 2

Total 26/50

Against the average player:

Rules 9
Ball control 8
Shot accuracy 7
Nudging/saving 6
Multiball 7
Adapting 5

Total 42/60

Rules 8
Ball control 4
Shot accuracy 5
Nudging/saving 4
Multiball 3
Adapting 2

Total 26/50

Against the average player:

Rules 9
Ball control 8
Shot accuracy 7
Nudging/saving 6
Multiball 7
Adapting 5

Total 42/60

I like it mate. Probably harsh, but it's your own self reflection and that's the main thing. I initially had myself at 5/6 for multiball as when I watch Zahler etc it's like they are playing a completely different game and I definitely feel like that is my biggest weakness. But realistically as you proved at the UK Open 22, you aren't as far away from them as you think imo, it just feels like that 🙈

Rules 5
Ball control 7
Shot accuracy 7
Nudging/saving 7
Multiball 9
Adapting 6

41/60
I love the way all the top tournament players judge themselves against Paul Englert and co.

And all the non-tournament players judge themselves against their aunt playing Dolly Parton after a couple of sherries.

So, everyone comes out around 25-40 points 🤣

[I judged myself against top tournament players, on-location replays AND casual games against people in the community at Pinfest. So, realistically, about average for the population, but you can see why I accompanied my scores with an ess
ay... right? 😇]

I can't complete this self assessment because 1 day I'm all 8's and 9's and the next all 1's and 2's. In other words there should be another option, consistency, for which I'd score extremely low.
Consistency is massive. Can be top five in 5 tourneys, can be bottom five in the next 5. Last week at the Pinball Office, put up 813m on BM66, two games later 32m

Consistency is massive. Can be top five in 5 tourneys, can be bottom five in the next 5. Last week at the Pinball Office, put up 813m on BM66, two games later 32m
I'm consistent... Consistently bad at pinball.

Back
Top Bottom