What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Gamesroom build adapting Cinema room

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Well today at around 2pm I got a call from hadfield to say my GnR would be here in 30mins.
To make matters worse my JP arrived yesterday and took the last available space so I had to take matters into my own hands so this:

96916B87-3E24-4D97-8437-72C7EA7CD01B.jpeg

051C2565-E172-4BC6-B265-8775741BA1BF.jpeg

Quickly turned into this:

Moved my shelving in garage that will become the pin in/out access
38C64F43-ABE5-4E93-9746-EA0157E69031.jpeg
8BEF0692-B286-42B6-B95D-91E597CD0149.jpeg
7DDB2EA6-67AD-473C-8ABA-5060C6575E62.jpeg
D824E73F-26F8-4891-AC97-16816900CD16.jpeg

Removed my speakers, screen, stage and wallpaper
D809A243-485C-46E1-BCC8-C079BF165CE3.jpeg

With all the tech gear gone I pulled the lower half of the wall down which was carpeted for audio reasons aswell as the flooring and skirting board.
91F42100-FC12-4CC4-8CB1-69A4B943EC95.jpeg99CA4D29-A9EE-45FA-B177-2690D6AF24C9.jpeg

Although I originally intended a high end finish it will all have to be a quick fix for now so Tomorrow will see me getting some deco gear and ordering some decent oak flooring.

Been a long day so far now to sort the garage mess before bed and try make the missus smile as she wasn’t best pleased when she came home from work lol
82C21003-9707-4F92-9D09-A5ED6E4DDEEC.jpeg

Shame you had to change it, but I think nearly all of us struggle with space, no matter how big or small a collection is!

Looking forward to seeing the progress of the new room.

Small Update.
Wife came home and told me it be better if I ripp all the old wallpaper off altogether as the colour scheme would just not cut it for what I have in mind so painful stripping and cleaning all the old stuff off ready for the new.
As I’m now waiting on the wife painting the pelmet (I’m crap at painting) I took the time to tombstone some of my pins in my old pinroom. It also gave me room to store the chairs and cinema gear in there for the time being.

8118153B-47E0-4162-BA78-B664E7CBC95D.jpeg

So to make matters worse Work rang to say I’ve been booked into a 3 day First Aid course starting this coming Tuesday which is just what I didn’t want doh!

Last edited:
Small Update.
Wife came home and told me it be better if I ripp all the old wallpaper off altogether as the colour scheme would just not cut it for what I have in mind so painful stripping and cleaning all the old stuff off ready for the new.
I’m now waiting on the wife painting the pelmet as I’m basically crap at painting so Intool the time to tombstone some of the pin in my old pinroom and moving the chairs and my cinema gear in there for the time being.

View attachment 142840

Work rang to say I have 3 day First Aid course starting this coming Tuesday which is just what I didn’t want doh!
Look on the bright side - they're all nicely ready for putting in a van for Pinfest

Well with my 3 day 1st Aid course over I’m back at the room today along with the flooring that has arrived albeit in the way like everything else.
I did intend to make a nice feature wall in real brick sliders which are kinda like 15mm tiles but made the same way as bricks, but time is a big issue now so I have opted for a quick wallpaper makeover complimented with wood panelling.

Wife finished painting the pelmet in black and after getting several samples of brick style wallpaper have opted for a contemporary look that actually looks incredibly real in person! In all honesty I think it looks better than the original plan I had. Bear in mind although it looks a little overpowering ATM most of the brick will be hidden with the 7 pins going in here.

Full day at it today so hopefully the wallpaper will be all sorted and it will start to take shape.

I do have a few ski lessons Sat/Sun and FamaLam duties but hopefully I can get some time to tick off some of the following

Install 2 extra Sockets on the opposite wall to accommodate 2 extra pins.
Cut and Prepare the wood panelling for bonding to the lower half of the wall.
Work out the floor design ready for laying once I have another full free day.
Look into some hidden flood lighting to help when doing pin maintenance.

7E218E36-E371-4EF7-8455-CD0C2830F734.jpeg
6B532F07-FFAB-4226-B28D-A693053D3970.jpeg

Ok day off today got some decent progress.
Floor finished and looking quite nice if I say so myself.
Wifey painted panelling in Vintage Denim (paint colour not in her denim hot pants and bra) and I grabbed my new JP fitted the topper and chucked it in to check for size.
So in total I can get 7 pins in there with 5 along one wall still leaving a 30cm space between them. This will let me soak up the art but more importantly get my skinny **** in between them for working on.

I’ve still got a few jobs to do including skirting, sockets and a few odds and sods but hopefully come Monday I’ll be moving the pins in.

39C93152-FB90-4C5E-BFDB-0F855FA13572.jpeg

B2ABF432-B96B-48F0-A8B6-EF1BADA76176.jpeg

Ok day off today got some decent progress.
Floor finished and looking quite nice if I say so myself.
Wifey painted panelling in Vintage Denim (paint colour not in her denim hot pants and bra) and I grabbed my new JP fitted the topper and chucked it in to check for size.
So in total I can get 7 pins in there with 5 along one wall still leaving a 30cm space between them. This will let me soak up the art but more importantly get my skinny **** in between them for working on.

I’ve still got a few jobs to do including skirting, sockets and a few odds and sods but hopefully come Monday I’ll be moving the pins in.

View attachment 143656

View attachment 143657
Love that flooring, looks cool

Wowzers busting into the room would have been fun, looks good tho , I’m 3/4 through gamesroom build will be posting ASAP !

@Colywobbles That looks so cool, great job.

Have you considered a hydraulic lift, I don’t have a skinny **** so I need to pull them out to work on, but it’s effortless and has the bonus you can put more machines into the space, admit it see the side art as you correctly say.

A fantastic space, enjoy.

Chris.

@Colywobbles That looks so cool, great job.

Have you considered a hydraulic lift, I don’t have a skinny **** so I need to pull them out to work on, but it’s effortless and has the bonus you can put more machines into the space, admit it see the side art as you correctly say.

A fantastic space, enjoy.

Chris.
I’ve got access to one off a mate across the road who also has several pins in his gamesroom.
I also have a small motorcycle lift I’ve converted to move around pins in tight spaces where the large one fails.

I was thinking exactly the same!! @Colywobbles any chance of a pic of the floor and i'll try to convince the misses to do something similar in the up and coming bar/Galesroom :)

Awesome job Col!

Not the best of pics but here’s one while I was working on it. I’ll take better ones once finished.
Bear in mind this was leftovers in 3 different finishes hence the pattern I made up.
It came from mate who runs a high end flooring business it’s called Junckers in 22mm solid oak and has an amazing clip system for fitting.
I got it for a fraction of its normal price but even at full price it’s amazing quality.
He said most people opt for cheap Chinese imports at half the price but this stuff I has been manufactured by the same company in Denmark since 1930

C62FD73A-3D34-49BE-B02A-0C4A86FAAECF.jpeg

Last edited:
Managed to get the main lineup in and setup nicely.
Now to get the opposite side sorted with TH and RnM in there places and job done.
Not as much room between pins as I thought at 27cm but still lets you see the art and more importantly let’s my skinny frame work on them easily.

B5463D12-F2D0-4565-A848-A9EDC4A26DBD.jpeg

6EDBF797-D1AA-4D0C-A209-C7C4490D6BBF.jpeg

Where's the Bally/Williams ?
Apart from that nice job in getting the room sorted. And a nice line up of machines.

Where's the Bally/Williams ?
Apart from that nice job in getting the room sorted. And a nice line up of machines.
What’s crazy is the fact I’ve had every Bally/Williams pin many times over and lucky for me a mate across the road has a few of my old ones like FH, TAF & HS2 along with 4 more so I can play them whenever I want.
But the simple truth is the prices of the classics is heading into new pin territory and there’s no way I would pay 6, 7 and even 8k for some of those now when there’s so many new pins out now to sample with great themes and deeper gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom