What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Protective dust cover for standard Bally Williams 90s machine

Just got a message from the seller to tell me that they will be delayed 7 days due to a bad batch from their supplier. Hmm.

CB

standard looks wrong.... quotes 6.5" high at the front... in fact sizes all look wrong... standard backbox cover is 118cm high, however Widebody shows only 94cm....???

Measuring a standard backbox here, is approx 73cm x 73cm...

I have contacted the seller asking them if i can work with them to provide the correct sizes...

Great job @Paul - hopefully they will send out the right size ones, it is shown on a Stern SW - so I would assume that is the same as NF and SS? Maybe they got their dims wrong in listing, or maybe... maybe it's not going to fit.

Paypal protection is there so I am not too worry over £25, but would be cracking if these are what they say they are.

Just waiting for a response now... I'll measure the machines i have here to be able to provide them the info they need (i have b/w 90's standard and b/w "strange" (safecracker), plus Stern Spike (GB)).... May need assistance on the b/w Widebody...

standard looks wrong.... quotes 6.5" high at the front... in fact sizes all look wrong... standard backbox cover is 118cm high, however Widebody shows only 94cm....???

Measuring a standard backbox here, is approx 73cm x 73cm...

I have contacted the seller asking them if i can work with them to provide the correct sizes...
Let us know the response. Mine currently had a bedsheet over it when not in use. If they can provide some accurate measurements i'd snap one up in a heardbeat.

more to the point, i am hoping that we can provide them some accurate measurements, and they can produce them :)

Just got a response to say that the Standard 90s will indeed fit a standard 90s Bally Williams table (I used CFTBL as an example), so I'm hoping that the diagram is just a bit up the left. We will see.

CB

Just got a response to say that the Standard 90s will indeed fit a standard 90s Bally Williams table (I used CFTBL as an example), so I'm hoping that the diagram is just a bit up the left. We will see.

CB

Fingers crossed - from the dimensions given there’s no way it’ll fit.. especially with the 6.5” at the front...

I have had a reply to my offer of help saying to give them a few days to “ask a technical person” about the problem. Think I’ll do a measure and update their pic for 90’s Bally/Williams anyhow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha - those sizes quoted are confusing. i think I'll stick with making my own.

One issue to bear in mind, i you have your machines in a row, it is difficult, if not impossible to get the backbox covers on and off, especially if you have a delicate topper attached too. I'm trying to devise the best solution for this at the moment. ............

I have mine in a row, but I am happy to see how this comes out, at that price let's see! at £12 I am not sure you could source the material in the UK

I have mine in a row, but I am happy to see how this comes out, at that price let's see! at £12 I am not sure you could source the material in the UK
You are correct, you need several metres of material to do a cab and backbox - at £5 a metre, you're looking at £20-25 just for the materials!

Sorry to sound all PH but I think there is some general confusion with the seller on the dimensions....

The protrusion from the backbox to the body, 9" or 13 cm???

Iv'e looked at them before and was close to buying, but it really needs options for ball launch plunger, fish tales for example, and options for toppers.

Chris.

60s 70s.jpg

... which is why I’ve offered to assist on the sizes... :) if they can produce these at a good price, it makes sense to give them the info needed for them to produce them at the right dimensions :)

For example, even where the inches vs centimetres are correct, the numbers are wrong ... I don’t know of a mainstream pin with a coin door where the front is only 6” deep... :)

... which is why I’ve offered to assist on the sizes... :) if they can produce these at a good price, it makes sense to give them the info needed for them to produce them at the right dimensions :)

For example, even where the inches vs centimetres are correct, the numbers are wrong ... I don’t know of a mainstream pin with a coin door where the front is only 6” deep... :)

I hope it does work out, I would take 5, 6 if they would do a pinball 2000.

Having been assured by the seller that it would indeed fit a BW 90s table, I’ve now got a dispatch notice. So my wasred £12.49 is now winding its long and weary way on the Silk Route.

CB

Having been assured by the seller that it would indeed fit a BW 90s table, I’ve now got a dispatch notice. So my wasred £12.49 is now winding its long and weary way on the Silk Route.

CB

Don’t think it’ll be wasted - it will be interesting to see how the sizes listed compare with the actual delivered sizes :) plus PayPal protection will cover ya :)

I've also had the same "delayed" email. I'll stick with it though. It's a bargain even if I just use it as a material base to modify and fit my PJ

Back
Top Bottom