What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Project Bally MR & MRS PAC-MAN

The best skill shot in pinball (except maybe Xs &Os which is the same but timed).

I'm glad all this talk of scrapping it is dispensed with, though if it really came to it I need both parts of the backbox for mine.

Nedreud: if you find you need any misc parts when restoring it give me shout, I bought a spare mostly populated playfield for mine and still have plenty of parts. The bare playfield is probably about the same as that one though.

Thanks @Dave2084! I've had lots of offers of help and finding parts for this pin it's been great!

I do like a shooter skill shot. Keep meaning to drop the custom ROMs in to my GOLD BALL as one of the changes is a bonus for hitting the upper star rollover before the lane switches.

The extremely helpful member of this forum, who'll remain anonymous until I have their say so, picked up the machine this evening. They sent me a couple of photos snapped during the pickup. So much better than the hazy ones at the start of this thread. The machine looks better than I expected so much much happier with what I paid for it. Can't wait to rendezvous on this Saturday and pick it up!

IMG_5982.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG

Playfield is clearly very f****d and looks like I'll be continuing my perfect score of fitting a new coin door lock to every machine I've owned. Backglass has the usual waffle bubbling but not as bad as some I've seen on M&MPM. Quite surprised the cabinet paint is still as blue as it is. And yes, it's got legs, glass, lockdown bar and missing pop bumper cap (inside the cab).

OMG, I'm so excited! :D This is what makes us keep buying more pins - the thrill of getting something new and unknown. I'm like a kid in a candy store :p

Congratulations ... even with a worn playfield it's well worth playing.

You need to update you signature!
Ooh yeah ;) Think it's about time I ditched my BLACK HOLE lust. Finally got me a grail pin. I know it's only a PAC-MAN but beggars can't be choosers.

EPIC SUPER BIG MEGA THANKS to @Nickbs for collecting my MR & MRS PAC-MAN from the seller last night and bringing it to Special When Lit this weekend, thus saving me a 300-mile round trip to Devon. Turns out it was just 4 miles away from his house! This really is the sort of selfless generosity that makes this community so frickin' awesome :D

Apart from fitting lighting for the backglass and sanding/painting the new head it is pretty much done!

The playfield came up really nice, however when the mylar was removed a small area of paint came off at the top of the maze (see the yellow around 'Pac-Maze'). But as a headless junker it's not too bad at all!

Thanks to John Bateson for trading the game body to me, Terry & Phil for lots of misc parts, Jim Askey for the spare (worn) playfield and David Dutton for the backglasses.

I love making a nice game out of stuff others would burn!

full

full

full

full

Ooh I like those green arrows @Dave2084! LEDs I assume? Never noticed them quite like that before. They look great. Is the head gold because it's from an EBDLE?

Fantastic work piecing together all that disparate "junk". Goes to show what can be done with a bit of enthusiasm. Or madness... :rolleyes:

Nope, not LEDs the game is all incandescent.

The head isn't gold it is bare plywood, there is some trace of gold from some small bits of trim rescued from a rotten EBDLE head which were mostly made of MDF (that head also donated all the metal hardware needed).

I was on my phone so pictures very small but now that I'm zoomed in I can see the bare wood. Nicely done.

Still needs a lot of finishing and the construction/quality of the build isn't to the standards that I'd have got if Manny had built it but probably 20% of the price.

The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landed!

M&MPM safely tucked up in my man cave. First impressions are playfield is f*cked. Backglass is bubbled but no too bad, certainly no peeling or cracking. Cabinet has medium fade but good condition. It's heavy. Very heavy. Way more than GOLD BALL.

My thanks again to @Nickbs for making this possible by suggesting to take it to SWL today as he was up for @Moonraker'a tournament and where I also happened to be going this evening. Perfect timing!

Peter you are quite welcome to this playfield. I was going to restore it when I got some time, but to be honest I can't see me getting around to it but you will obviously have the interest in completing it,
The mylar has been pulled and it has lifted some paint up as you can probably see its a little worse than than the one done and fitted to my machine but I think it can be done with time and patience let me know if you can make use of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0269.JPG
    DSC_0269.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0268.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0267.JPG
    DSC_0267.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 37
Peter you are quite welcome to this playfield. I was going to restore it when I got some time, but to be honest I can't see me getting around to it but you will obviously have the interest in completing it,
The mylar has been pulled and it has lifted some paint up as you can probably see its a little worse than than the one done and fitted to my machine but I think it can be done with time and patience let me know if you can make use of it.
Wow! Well that's a WHOLE lot better than what I've got at the moment! Let's talk... I'll PM soon. I've just uploaded 150 photos to Flickr of what I tinkered with today, and I'm just about to start a new shoplog.

Back
Top Bottom