What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing cabinet decals

4mil vinyl with 3M adhesives using UV cured inks that resist fading for 25 years is the way to go for cab decals apparently.... ;)

Your not going to start talking , Ice Man, Goose and Mavrick now are you?

Hi Jim - MANY THANKS!!!

Decals arrived yesterday, only just had chance to open the box. Machine isn't in a great place for photos at the moment, but I just held up a couple of them on the machine to get the general idea. Now they'll go back in the box until the cab is restored. Metal work is being powdercoated at the moment, more pictures when she's all done!

DSCN3866.JPG DSCN3871.JPG

Hi Jim - MANY THANKS!!!

Decals arrived yesterday, only just had chance to open the box. Machine isn't in a great place for photos at the moment, but I just held up a couple of them on the machine to get the general idea. Now they'll go back in the box until the cab is restored. Metal work is being powdercoated at the moment, more pictures when she's all done!

View attachment 4739 View attachment 4740

Hi Mark

Glad you like them, it does look 'MINT' though, i dont know why you are bothering with new decals........lol

With a refurb cab with new decals and a new playfield (they're due out in the next couple of months if I keep my fingers crossed) it'll certainly look better a bit later this year. Not looking forward to the playfield swap though, it's one of the earlier production ones with individual sockets for all the insert lamps instead of the lamp board they used later. Also has the extra flashers on the playfield and the white flashers covers at the back.

The boardset in the head is quite unique too :)

The decals that Jim printed are now on the F14. I'll post some more pictures in my F14 thread when I have some, but they've come out really well. Given that Manny has applied decals from all kinds of suppliers, I asked him about his opinion on the ones that Jim printed. He replied

They're ACE! Not as good as silkscreen decals but still bloody good!

So if you're looking for some decals and can get the artwork to Jim, he can sort you out some "bloody good" printing :) Mine are gloss laminated, but Jim can do them matt too.

image21.jpeg

Cheers Snux,

Look forward to seeing her all together again as a whole, but it is looking awesome already !!! Manny seams to knows what he is doing alright, the laydown looks perfect !
Not many peeps out there that can apply decals of that size perfectly but he deffo can for sure !!!

jim

Quick q...... what are people's views on using decals on silkscreened cabs?

The purist in me doesn't like it, but then the perfectionism kicks in :p

I'd chewed on that a little too, as you can get stencils for the F14 cab work. But after going the custom route with the design that stopped being an option. I also like the fact that these are nice and glossy, easy to wipe / dust down.

Back
Top Bottom