What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the future. What’s going to be a stone cold classic in 2034?

Deadpool and Godzilla - I can't think of any better LCD games from any manufacturer.

Just below that I'd put JP2, and IMdn.

(I seriously don't get the love for BM66, even with Lyman code the game is clunky and boring. Scorewise there's only really one strategy. I borrowed one over Covid and couldn't wait to get rid of it.)

Deadpool and Godzilla - I can't think of any better LCD games from any manufacturer.

Just below that I'd put JP2, and IMdn.

(I seriously don't get the love for BM66, even with Lyman code the game is clunky and boring. Scorewise there's only really one strategy. I borrowed one over Covid and couldn't wait to get rid of it.)
You’re on the money here Wayne, to be a classic it’s got to have the whole package, code, art, shots and fun. Deadpool and Godzilla have it all in spades.

BM66 has the phenomenal code, art but the layouts a dog, I didn’t notice it until my lineup started to multiply back when I had an LE but there is no single good/great shot on the game.

The fact they cut one of the main features completely out of the game was a kick in the dick too.

For me, I reckon of the more recent releases, it'll be:
Pulp Fiction.
Although it's new, it already looks ike an old-school classic, but first impressions playing it at EAG were absolutely brilliant - best at the show by a country mile. If I had space, it's the only new one currently I'd really seriously consider getting. Craig's recent, and excellent video on Gonzo's channel explaining the gameplay in detail has just re-enforced my opinion - great game.

Of the old ones still around, I can't see past:
Attack from Mars
The theme will not date, and it's already a classic - such a good game, and despite playing it a lot in various locations, I still look forward to games on it. It also has the edge over MM and MB which it is often compared with due to being from the same era.

I know I can't count, and am probably a bit biased on one of these, but honourable mentions also for:
TNA and much as I'm not such a fan of the modern Sterns, Godzilla due to current popularity, and a theme that won't age badly, although it'd have to have a full set of the Stumblor mods on it for the full effect!

Last edited:
I would say that value in 2034 will be a factor, interestingly no one has picked EHOH which is prem priced currently
EHOH seems to change hands quite a lot! I’ve just picked one up for a mate from @Den - aka Wolfgang and a week on I asked if it was a keeper. His reply probably not as it seems quite samey. Neighbour @Chaggers had one a couple month too and it bit the dust after a short spell there.
Hopefully my next trade will see it arriving here and although I’ve played it quite a few times it will be good to get in the home environment to see for myself.
I stand by BM66 it was the flagship lash back at JJP and the 1st real LCD game from Stern albeit Kapow.
Ghostbusters and Metallica with always be up there but I don’t class them as modern pins.

Batman 66
Ghostbusters
Bond

Possibly stranger things if we never see the projector and uv kit replicated in another game.

But saying that at this rate they could all get re runs so that might blow my prediction out of the water

I reckon from the last ten years;

Godzilla is the best bet, maybe AIQ as well. Hopefully best is yet to come from this era, like the late 90’s.

Perhaps in 10 years time some early 90’s DMD will being to be considered classics - TAF/T2 etc

EHOH seems to change hands quite a lot! I’ve just picked one up for a mate from @Den - aka Wolfgang and a week on I asked if it was a keeper. His reply probably not as it seems quite samey. Neighbour @Chaggers had one a couple month too and it bit the dust after a short spell there.
Hopefully my next trade will see it arriving here and although I’ve played it quite a few times it will be good to get in the home environment to see for myself.
I stand by BM66 it was the flagship lash back at JJP and the 1st real LCD game from Stern albeit Kapow.
Ghostbusters and Metallica with always be up there but I don’t class them as modern pins.
I think Elvira will be seen as a classic. The house modes can feel a bit repetitive/similar (end up skipping the intro vids), but once you get in to having a dead head going at the same time and keeping an eye on which multiballs you have lined up and being strategic re; when you set them off it's a fantastic game. Keeping in mind the risk/reward of hitting more shots during house modes and Trailer trash to "cash out" with more bonus or whatever softens some of the repetitiveness. A Lyman masterpiece I think, with the mini wizard modes kicking in a juat the right time and different modes depending on which stage you fluff up on Gappa Angry.
Was a bit of a plonker to be honest for moving it on so quickly, but alas, had my usual "I have an expensive game!!" Panic.

BKSoR ! Beautiful game, original theme, best mech in any spike2 game, best topper, superb a/v package, Steve Ritchie layout, what more do you need?! (better code I guess...)

BKSoR ! Beautiful game, original theme, best mech in any spike2 game, best topper, superb a/v package, Steve Ritchie layout, what more do you need?! (better code I guess...)
Agree totally, same for Mando, both got panned on release but both get great reviews by owners, Inc myself, the toppers for these 2 are the very expensive icing on the cake! StarWars too could be a contender but again got panned for tie-fighter on a spring on release but is an awesome game.

JJP Wonka could be a contender, and Alien perhaps now it's mainstream and with Ripley included.

Back
Top Bottom