What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the future. What’s going to be a stone cold classic in 2034?

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Choose one or two modern games (last 10 years) that you feel will be regarded as a true “A” list classic in 10 years time.

A true classic will be generally regarded as such, will feature high on the pinside / ipdb top list and will trade at a premium to its peers.

Probably something with a theme that doesn't look dated in 10 years time so it would probably have to be retro already.

Game of Thrones in 10 years will look like CSI does now.

Godzilla probably won't date because it's based on an old concept anyway.

Non licenced games stand the test of time better so I doubt there'll be a better game than AFM in 2034.

Godzilla is obviously great but I wonder if the bold artwork will date it, plus they sold a ton of them.

My guess would be Bond..... its retro so won't age and new movies will keep the theme relevant.

Last edited:
Godzilla is obviously great but I wonder if the bold artwork will date it, plus they sold a ton of them.

My guess would be Bond..... its retro so won't age and new movies will keep the theme relevant.
I was thinking the same, can a Pin be a future classic if it sold a shed load? I suppose Addams Family means it can.

Re. Bond, I struggle to associate modern Bond with the Connery/Moore era Bond. I've little to no interest in modern Bond films, but love the Connery/Moore ones. I think it's because I grew up with them so have a lot of nostalgia, they were a staple of Xmas TV.

I was thinking the same, can a Pin be a future classic if it sold a shed load? I suppose Addams Family means it can.

Re. Bond, I struggle to associate modern Bond with the Connery/Moore era Bond. I've little to no interest in modern Bond films, but love the Connery/Moore ones. I think it's because I grew up with them so have a lot of nostalgia, they were a staple of Xmas TV.
I'm not sure, Adams is sort after because people enjoyed it on location, they made loads but how many avoided getting skipped? I imagine 95% of Godzilla's around today will still be in existence 10 years from now.

Moore for me, live and let die was regular viewing as a kid, looking like a sleeper hit, last year I watched some gameplay streams and it looked bang average, watched some last week and it looks ace!
If I wasn't tied into Pulp would probably go for one.

Godzilla will go down as an all time classic along with Deadpool.

But I think TNA, Big Lebowski and Pulp Fiction will go down as the all time true classics, as they all are unique and not the usual same old designed and modern looking machines.

None of them as the computer boards will be programmed to self destruct in 2030.

I seriously can not guess.

I remember Aerosmith coming out, and not getting much love. Now I have 3 people waiting for one....

Perhaps Venom will be the same....????

I think Stern have one game in six that is a 'miss'.

To me there is a lot of copy pasting etc.

Can not see Jaws being a long term 'liked' game.

Bond 60th will be rare, but doesnt make it good.

Elivera HOH I think is a great game. Batman 66 as well. Foos has amazing shots but will it last?

Stranger Things.

Well it is the modern MM or AFM.
For me I think the theme will mean it doesn’t fall into this category. Whilst wildly popular now, Stranger Things the cultural phenomenon will be long gone and in 2034 I suspect it will look a bit like “24” does now.

TNA - it's so futuristic and retro at the same time.

BKSOR? It's predecessors have stood the test of time.

Nothing from 2013 on

I am concerned that every modern game will become a paperweight as they breakdown and are not able to be fixed

For me I think the theme will mean it doesn’t fall into this category. Whilst wildly popular now, Stranger Things the cultural phenomenon will be long gone and in 2034 I suspect it will look a bit like “24” does now.
I'm not sure you got the joke there.

Rick and Morty.

750 made, great code and very funny.

Depends if series is looked upon as a cult classic.

Definite maybe!

Back
Top Bottom