What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Precision Flippers

Expired Due to no activity

Crewey

Site Supporter
Intrigued in trying these out if anyone has unwanted spares, would like to be able to reduce coil power on TMNT (backhanding left ramp is not possible if not set on max, that's after tweaking alignment & game pitch)

Not interested enough to buy new paying the $50+ shipping, plus import, vat, duty etc.

I have to be honest, I'm fascinated by these.
On the flip side, I'm too tight to pay 150/165 Euros plus Tax and delivery from France to find out. It's "just" a set of flippers after all....

Would be interested to know if they actually make a difference, or if they are just Snake Oil.... :)

I have to be honest, I'm fascinated by these.
On the flip side, I'm too tight to pay 150/165 Euros plus Tax and delivery from France to find out. It's "just" a set of flippers after all....

Would be interested to know if they actually make a difference, or if they are just Snake Oil.... :)
Tbh I hadn't realised they were stocked in Europe too ... Doh
I was just going by the website

Last edited:
Bunch of us going to TPF in March also, and John (from Precision) will be there if anyone wants us to pick up some.

They're good. Certainly they increase flipper power and reduce coil heat. I'm not sure about them making me more accurate though :-/

Apparently just buying the bushings makes a huge difference, if you don't want the new flipper bats as well.

Get the keyed shaft version and you'll be fine, the standards are quite a challenge and require a few 'tweaks' to the install instructions provided.

Good , if long winded, review on pinside

Thanks Pete.
This concerns me:

"This system was so efficient on install, that I got a slight increase in flipper-release rebound. This was easily mitigated by using a stronger flipper return spring. I play tested my Godzilla for a few hours to see if flipper fade would be an issue with this system (heavier flipper bats + stronger return springs). I never saw fade, once. I very slightly increased the flipper coil settings (from 230 to 240) to compensate for the springs/increased mass"

That was a long time ago, things have moved on. On TMNT you'll be ok with Halos and no need for extra springs. It's also very marginal and personal.

Got some on my Rick and Morty and made the game much better. I agree with the keyed shaft though, they use stainless steel milled metal I believe for the standard shaft and the damn thing is so smooth it doesn't stay clamped in place for long.

IMO it should just sell with the keyed shaft and clamp from the get go for the money.

I would only buy them for:

JJP (Prior to Elton John)
Spooky (Rick and Morthy and ACNC)
Pinball Brothers

it's not needed for Stern's and they are not cheap so unless you are a sucker for Annodized metal don't bother.

Scott

Gonna hold off splurging a couple of hundred quid on these for now.

I'd replaced wobbly coil stops and sleeves when I installed Pinmonk fans weeks ago on my TMNT, and still needed flipper power on max to backhand the ramps from cradle.
Today I have installed new plunger & links, nylon bushing and sleeves (again) reduced the power down to 245 and can still backhand comfortably even tweaking the pitch back up to a more respectable 6.8 deg. During multiball the flippers seem to have more consistent oomph too, previously it felt like the power was waning with faster flappy flips

Reactions: Jib
Got some on my Rick and Morty and made the game much better. I agree with the keyed shaft though, they use stainless steel milled metal I believe for the standard shaft and the damn thing is so smooth it doesn't stay clamped in place for long.

IMO it should just sell with the keyed shaft and clamp from the get go for the money.

I would only buy them for:

JJP (Prior to Elton John)
Spooky (Rick and Morthy and ACNC)
Pinball Brothers

it's not needed for Stern's and they are not cheap so unless you are a sucker for Annodized metal don't bother.

Scott
Scott - Think they would be of any value on older B/W Games?

Scott - Think they would be of any value on older B/W Games?
Not really no.
They amp up the power considerably. You can't dial down the power unless you drop down a coil size.

If you want to restore the power of a B/W do a standard flipper rebuild instead (new links, stops, sleeves and bats). They won't feel like a Stern but they'll feel like a NIB B/W and for me that's how it should be.

Saying all that, you could always go for just the milled flipper bushings those alone make a difference IMO.

Back
Top Bottom