What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Trip / Pinball road trip

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
October 2023...

Who else going? Subject to getting tickets

I would really like to. I have seen Guns, Met and Iron Maiden, and would enjoy AC/DC and Ozzy for fun. Massive fan of Maynard Keenan in any form.
Just very costly to make it happen. And I have a long list of things I would rather spend the money on right now.

odds on that Ozzy pulls out or literally has to be supported on stage.
Excellent line up if it happens.

I briefly considered going. Tickets are $400 and then I discovered these were the cheapo tickets and to get near the stage the costs were considerably more 😱

Hellfest is looking like a strong line up though. I’m still hoping that Download will announce another 30-40 mid range bands as it’s looking a bit sparse at the moment.

I

Surely you can see most of those artists locally for much cheaper. Saying that I went to Prague to see Tool a few years ago, then Birmingham 🤣don't even like Tool🤦‍♂️

1600 😱

I guess if you view it as a holiday rather than a gig it is easier to justify it. Similarly view it as a cheap pinball topper.

Have a fantastic time.

its actually decent value if you think about how much it would cost for tickets to each of them at a separate event location, travel, time off work etc.

Ian, I'd book you flights asap as that first week in October is seriously low pricing to that part of the world right now. Vegas will be a great drive or from Phoenix.

Neil.

I was thinking what I would pay to see one of them, then realised it wasn't linear when two, three or six were included, if I wanted to see them all.
As @Neil McRae says, then there is the time off, travel, which makes this more attractive.
And then this is a gig of a lifetime sort of deal.

I was thinking what I would pay to see one of them, then realised it wasn't linear when two, three or six were included, if I wanted to see them all.
As @Neil McRae says, then there is the time off, travel, which makes this more attractive.
And then this is a gig of a lifetime sort of deal.

4 bands I really want to see, going with a mate as part of road trip. Just booked flights into Vegas, thanks @Neil McRae, for a few days, drive down to indio, then fly out of Los Angeles a couple of days later.

It’s always worth paying for gigs when they come up. I still regret never getting to see Johnny Thunders or Johnny Cash when I had the chance. I’ve fallen for paying for every Alice Cooper UK tour since the mid 90s in case it’s his last 😂. The way leads to madness and buying Hawkwind tickets though…

Luckily I’ve seen ever band announced for Power Trip before so my wallet is safe for now. It does put uk line ups to shame though.

Meanwhile on the other end of the sliding scale of rock fame my spidey sense is making a rash prediction that Nasty Suicide is going to put in an appearance at Michael Monroe’s London gig tomorrow. 🤘

And just to get controversial.

In 2023:
Tool>ac/dc>Metallica>gnr>iron maiden>ozzy

Which would be a very different order to how much I like their recorded stuff 😉

Let's get back on Pinball.
Okay fly into LV. Best locations?
Not been for 7 years

Back
Top Bottom