What's new

Power problem

jsheidler

Registered
Hello, I have a Williams Hurricane Pinball Machine. When activating the power switch you can hear the normal speaker static but nothing happens. No playfield, backglass or DMD ights. I am certainly not an electrican. I have replaced circuit boards, display boards and fuses on some machines but not much other experience. Is there something easy to check or reset? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Check the leds on the left hand circuit board. If there is no flashing led then the cpu is not booting. Usually due to low power supply. Reseat the two connectors below the short grey ribbon cable and try switching on again.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Your advice worked perfectly! I really appreciate your assistance!

Check the leds on the left hand circuit board. If there is no flashing led then the cpu is not booting. Usually due to low power supply. Reseat the two connectors below the short grey ribbon cable and try switching on again.
Thankyou!! Your advice was spot on! Playing pinball once again!

Great. This is more of a short term fix. You may find it works for a long time or may come back after a short while. Ideally you should replace the 7 way connector that you reseated onto the power board.

Great. This is more of a short term fix. You may find it works for a long time or may come back after a short while. Ideally you should replace the 7 way connector that you reseated onto the power board.
Ok. I will check into the replacement. Once again thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom