What's new

Powder Coating

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Looking to get a Lockdown bar and Side Rails Powder coated in Black... Where do people use for their powder coating at the moment, and anyone idea of cost please (roughly!)

Cheers
Paul

When you get this done are you putting any prep into the parts? A typical coin door would need a lot of tidy up work to be ready for powder coating?

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

strip everything of parts, a good coater wouls bung all holes and mask off all captive threads etc.

the shot blasting removes all the rust etc

Just to complete this thread.... took @DanLewell 's suggestion and popped in to CFS in Brixworth.

Siderails have come out like new (however now Matt black powdercoated..) Look really good. Appart from the fact that I managed to take a full set, and then two rights (thinking they were a left and a right, to give me two full sets... DOH!)... Will have to go back and ask them to do another two now to match!

One Lockdown has come out brilliant. Despite being told that the heat wouldnt affect them, the second has come out warped... so i need to take it back and have a chat with them...

£80 cash for 4x siderails and two lockdowns, including blasting to get rid of the rust on the underside of the lockdowns...

Lets see what they say when i take the bended Lockdown back with the other two rails....

Back
Top Bottom