What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pool Dining Tables

Bluejools

Registered
Hi All

Now that an extension is nearly complete looking to populate with some fun. Pool table is on the list to keep all happy.....needs to double as a dining table as no room for both.

Anybody have experience - comments - good bad or the like around them......?

Just interested to learn anything I can as they are certainly not cheap! Plus mostly unsellable once bought...........

Thank you all

Hi All

Now that an extension is nearly complete looking to populate with some fun. Pool table is on the list to keep all happy.....needs to double as a dining table as no room for both.

Anybody have experience - comments - good bad or the like around them......?

Just interested to learn anything I can as they are certainly not cheap! Plus mostly unsellable once bought...........

Thank you all
I had a pool table for a while. A proper commercial pub pool table. Great if you have someone else in your family equally into it. A very large and heavy paperweight if you don't.

I paid around £850 for a 6 footer about 5 years ago. Got rid of it a couple of years later - they seemed to be ten a penny on eBay, so I gave it away to a friend of a friend.

I didn't really use the dining top much, but remember it was an awkward height for the chairs we had.

4 pins now sit in its place.

Not sure if you're wanting a good quality one or not but we got a cheap one that can also be a table tennis table and got backless benches that go underneath so they're not in the way when you're playing. It's good fun but if you're wanting the pool table to be good quality I wouldn't get this one, its not for serious players. Also as paul h says with the table top on its a little high for normal seats for most people, it doesn't bother us too much as we don't us it as a dining table very often but id imagine if you're using it everyday or for long periods it might get a bit annoying.

edit: also apparently the felt isn't replaceable so that could be an issue, we thought it was cheap enough to not worry about that too much though.

Back
Top Bottom