What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

police force motor board question

PUP

Site Supporter
Hi all can someone tell me which way round the motor board is meant to be soldered onto the motor itself as it seems to fit either way ( 2 pics attatched one must be right and one wrong, gold inductors facing to the front or back of machine? also which way do round do the black and white wires go on the board?
thanks, Andy2019-01-24 20.59.07.jpg2019-01-24 20.58.53.jpg2019-01-24 20.59.25.jpg

Looks like it's an EMI filter, so I suspect it doesn't matter which way round it's connected (might be which way is best fit for space purposes). The motor will probably be bi-directional so the wires can be connected either way without damage so try one way (with the motor not connected to the game) and see if that operates the correct way in test, if not then swap the wires round.

The motor is indeed bi-directional, with the direction controlled by a relay pcb (the same type as general illumination breaker). This relay failed on a Police Force while at its first location, causing the car to run forward and remain forward as a fail-safe. I 'borrowed' one of the breaker relays to restore the car operation, pushing jumper wires into the vacant connecting plug to maintain lighting while the relay was absent

great thanks for replys. on and off its taken about 18 months to restore so didnt want to mess it up now its so near to completion.

Back
Top Bottom