What's new

Pleasure Island Auction Today

There's some weird stuff coming out of the "iconic tinkerboo sweet factory", the visiting kids must have been traumatised:tut:

There's some weird stuff coming out of the "iconic tinkerboo sweet factory", the visiting kids must have been traumatised:tut:
I was a visiting kid. I didn't turn out okay.

Also bidded on a toffee heads only sign from the tinkerboo. Maybe i will flip this to an Everton fan

Tinkerboo aside, my favourite lot was the start your own scrap heap kit;

st1.bidonthis.co.uk_event_5928_7dbd9eeef9a93003f46b3b641b4082b8.jpg

I didn't even bother following it.

I live local and have regularly shook my head as i've driven past. Really sad to see the place shut down but anyone who lives in the area knows that most of the decent and larger stuff got stripped out within a few months of it closing down.

I don't really have space for vids and I knew they didn't have any pins, hence why I probably cared less about the auction. Oh, and on the subject of price; the winning bid is only the winning bid when they actually pay up. Is there no chance of people not actually completing the sale or do they do something to prevent that happening?

Yeah according to the local news some confusion as to whether the £180k Merry - Go - Round sold as the buyer says that he pushed the button by mistake, @Will by any chance :rofl:

Total cost with vat and comm. excess of £245k :eek::eek:

Yeah according to the local news some confusion as to whether the £180k Merry - Go - Round sold as the buyer says that he pushed the button by mistake,

I was watching and it was funny at the time... Nothing at all.... No-one bought it... and then after they gave up... the girl on the Web said... "oh... Wait... Someones Bid £180k"... which was followed up by the auctioneer saying "Any takers at £181K then"..... And everyone clapped and cheered... :suspect:

A large amusement park being broken up and sold off whets the appetite ... even some guy in my village mentioned it to me yesterday

But when I looked at the lots, what a sequence of cr@p. Other than the Point Blank, the dodgems and galloppers there was literally nothing of any quality.

And even with point blank, a game I loved when it was in pubs, there is a two player PlayStation One version which looked pixel perfect to me and played extremely well

A large amusement park being broken up and sold off whets the appetite ... even some guy in my village mentioned it to me yesterday

But when I looked at the lots, what a sequence of cr@p. Other than the Point Blank, the dodgems and galloppers there was literally nothing of any quality.

And even with point blank, a game I loved when it was in pubs, there is a two player PlayStation One version which looked pixel perfect to me and played extremely well
£469 after the charges he paid
I didn't think it was too bad considering the crap that was going for hundreds

The bloke who bought the carousel "by mistake" is going to be on the Jeremy Vine show shortly.

Total sale price £245,700 :eek:

Heard about that on Jeremy Vine yesterday... 'by mistake' yeah right...more like sh*t himself after he won it. :rofl:. The carousel does look nice though.... but maybe not in my garden.

Heard about that on Jeremy Vine yesterday... 'by mistake' yeah right...more like sh*t himself after he won it. :rofl:. The carousel does look nice though.... but maybe not in my garden.
Get rid of the goats and you'll have room for it John.

Reactions: JMP
3A6F092C-8C69-476E-A2F8-638F103B9037.png 3A441B57-B22A-4E01-B422-B6C49D3ED73F.jpeg 900A2AD0-B5F1-4B20-8EEC-E36CB96246FA.jpeg I was stalking that auction before it went live and it looks like the good stuff was already creamed off by some eagle eyed vid collectors
There was defiantly two pins , can see the legs in the pics zoomed in and a nice two player out run ... all about getting there first :)

Back
Top Bottom