What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play Blackpool - NLP

Very kind, but as you know, it's never a one man operation!

Thanks to the pin loaners, the rest of the Northern lights team, my trusty sidekick @windoesnot , pizza tracker @RGV (who by the way, turned up for one day and spent most of it helping others. Legend). And of course yourself Ailsa

I'll get the results and stuff posted soon. Think I need more sleep first though! Thanks for everyone that came along!

Last edited:
Just got home from an awesome weekend of pinball, arcades and retro gaming in Blackpool.....absolutely knackered but well worth the trip :thumbs:

Massive thanks to all of the NLP guys for organising and running such an amazing event with special thanks to Paul @Wizcat and Ian @windoesnot for the lock in comp, a really fun format I'd not played before :D Congrats to the fellow finalists @DAD @PUP and @David_Vi :clap:

Great to see everyone as always with special mention to @Biff and @Robbie (hope you don't get back too late) and a fantastic surprise visit all the way from Paris from Mark @teachp8 :D Also want to give a special mention to @ailsaclunie for driving a van full of pins down from Scotland for the first time after Colin did himself a mischief, top work Ailsa :thumbs:

Also met a load of great people for the first time including @David_Vi @Lecari @neil1637 and loads of others (too many to mention). This is one of the things that really makes these events special.

For everyone who wasn't able to make it this time, keep your diary free next October :thumbs:

Massive thanks to everyone involved in the pin side of Play. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Posted on the original thread so won't repeat myself there, other than to say I totally fell for the EM tables.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome and stacks of advice.

Wanted ad to follow soon, once I've made some room...

20211023_170710.jpg20211023_170720.jpg20211023_145614.jpg20211023_115551.jpg20211023_120126.jpg

Cracking time, great to see you all again. What @ronsplooter said, great show with lots to do. We even had a celebrity Moose on the scene😂. We got done around 01:30. No pins fell over - yeaaaaay, in other words i didn’t forget to strap any in this time…. Elvira was a great game, as was Stranger Things, thank you for bringing what amonuts to some vey expensive tables. 👍 a lot of time in the tea room gassing with folk 😄. The gun game was very popular, held up well with just a couple of one time only issues 👍. Rufus is looking forward to meeting you all next time and guiding you through the game... 😜Great to see the boy wizard, nice to see you buddy - great surprise 👍. Thank you NLP people one and all, you are all proper legends.

Ailsa i will work on my accent… 😆

Last edited:
Lorraine and I had a great time at the event, thanks to all who made it happen. The Saturday evening comp was great fun, my first time playing a flip frenzy and I really enjoyed it, hardly any waiting around at all ( which is the point of course ). I personally chose to test out the beer/skills bell curve and can confirm it's as accurate as ever. @David_Vi seemed to defy it though somehow and played great to make the final 4 even after many beers so further testing is needed at the next one 🍻 :D . Congrats to @ronsplooter on the win, very well deserved.

Thanks to the NLP guys who worked tirelessly all weekend as always 👏 and to all the pin loaners.

Thanks so much to NLP, especially Paul @Wizcat for the fun fast paced competition format... And Ian @windoesnot for keeping it flowing!
Hi to @ronsplooter nice to meet you and get whipped after seeing your face on gonzos podcast recently 😁

Oh and of course @ailsaclunie and the rest for the pizza organising and general friendliness in making myself and @Lecari feel welcome as there were a few people we hadn't yet met 😊

Thanks to Eddie (don't think he's on here) for putting a GC score on my new FT (thanks @Mooseman) and @PUP for failing with a max of 60mil 🤫

@DanLewell @PUP and Dougie for the great night and kareoke entertainment even though I was already past it after my first pinball finals 🍺🍺

great to meet Garry with two R's but not sure if he's on here... more people who admit Road Show is the greatest game ever made😍😏

Nice to see @kevlar and Lorraine , hope your birthday was great at NLP! and I'm glad I didn't face you in flip frenzy or I'd maybe lost a position or two 😂

still in Blackpool for one day, to see the sights and strange smells, even though shattered!

obv thanks to all those who went to the effort of bringing pins, especially @ailsaclunie for her van antics.

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful weekend!

I had a fantastic time and it was great to meet new friendly faces - including @ronsplooter @Garry Sp8 Jim Eddie and Twilight Zone master Don. Still feeling so lucky to be able to see people face to face again!

I loved going to the bar with @DanLewell @PUP and Dougie, will have to do that again... And get @David_Vi to sing for us! 😁

Have had time to relax now since the show, what great fun it was and great to see everyone who turned up. The whole NLP team busted their humps for this and the van journeys of some involved were utterly ridiculous!

Nice to see all the usual faces there and also @teachp8 making the trip all the way from France to be a part of it, its been a while buddy!

Well done again to @ronsplooter for winning the most fun and stress free comp possibly ever run, no one was moaning about the format or how they had 'been done in by xyz' during it, everyone just got on and enjoyed it :thumbs:

As usual never got to see any of the other parts of the show outside the pinball, Saturday was busy throughout. First thing Sunday was quiet but built up quickly later on in the morning.

Still can't quite find love for Stranger Things but holy hell was Elvira amazing, no doubt a few more are wanting one of these (good luck!).

Still can't quite find love for Stranger Things but holy hell was Elvira amazing, no doubt a few more are wanting one of these (good luck!).
Great to share Elvira with you on Saturday evening which I agree is fabulous and I got to play Stranger things in the quieter time on Sunday morning which I also enjoyed almost as much but agree Elvira takes it. I was in London yesterday evening so played gz at the brunswick centre and I think that ranks above Elvira for me. Loved the top loop which is like getaway in reverse and right flipper through left side spinner shot into the loop during one of the modes can't remember which one. You are sure to love gz if you haven't played already. Paul

Thanks NLP and everyone for making sure Colin did not lift machines this weekend after his tipsy fall down a set of stairs ( in my shoes - don’t ask 😀) . And for putting up with a stressed out me 🤪
I will never forget reverse parking an extra long Luton down a hill with all the NLP guys giving helpful instructions at the same time and then a few other men in their workies van getting involved with some hand signals as I put the van up on three wheels - without a working hand break . 💪💪🤪. What a blast though - such good company and many other laughs this weekend and lovely to meet new pinheads as usual ❤️

Back
Top Bottom