What's new

Places to play: The Wild Horse, Paphos, Cyprus

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Was surprised to find a pub with modern pins in, usually its some arcade with a half dead Elvis or something but. This is a newish pub thats in a hotel centric area of Paphos, about 5 minutes from Kato Paphos. I spoke with the Stern distributor in Cyprus called Pinball Island Cyprus who appears to be trying to get pinball back into hotels etc. I found a picture of the place with a Walking Dead and something else but it was a while back. The distributor came back and said they had AFM, GB and WH20. So we went down last night.

Nice enough bar aimed at the English semi-hooligan-alcoholic-types (that you often see on Police reality programmes on late night TV) place was busy outside but dead inside and Carlsberg on tap! LOL - machines were at the back next to an electronic darts board and a multiplay chip shop cab. 2 Euro's for 6 games! which was great but the goodness ended there. The Wh20 had the press both flippers reset problem that we often see. Unplayable had a lot of wear. The AFM would make you cry. Firstly some sort of bizarre plastic protector was on it that had lifted at the pop bumper that meant 90% of all balls through the pops would get stuck. The second issue was the flippers. Sort of job that you'd get of the worst of eBay. They were compeltely bent out of shape, not aligned and didn't lift enough to cradle the ball! I managed to get a couple of billion nonetheless and even got multiball but it was impossible to hit the ramps reliably.

Finally Ghostbusters. Machine was in good shape, clean etc but unfortunately the switch at the top of the subway ramp didn't register at all making the game mostly useless. Left with credits on all the games pretty much. on the pro is this an opto or a regular switch? I could see a gate but no switch?

Fed this back to the operator and hopefully he will sort.

Such a shame, I would give a great home to all of those games...

Guy i work with came back from Paphos last week but sadly not a pinhead and didn't see any machines.

Such a shame when pins are in such poor condition and makes not sense whatsoever. Why would anyone come back to play a game that doesn't work?

. Why would anyone come back to play a game that doesn't work?

I think some people are unaware and just excited by the lights to be honest. Thinking back to my youth, I would just be happy to be playing any machine to be honest.

on some of he faults could be the Op doesn't know, the ramp switch on GB for example might be something that they simply were not aware of.

GB pro has a one way gate at the top of the left ramp to turn around shots up the right ramp, then 3 rollover switches along the ramp which are a pain in the ass to adjust. If you set them too low they won't register a fast shot to the left ramp, if you set them a tiny bit too high then a right ramp shot can get stuck on them. I think they should have used optos personally. Nice to see some good machines out in the wild though.

Back
Top Bottom