What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinsound opinions?

Rus121

Site Supporter
Been looking at these for a while now and really want one for my BSD. I know a few of you guys have used them but i really wanted to know if they are worth the coin or not? Seems very pricey to me? Also, it says shaker support. Can i bang in a universal shaker kit and mess with the settings in the Pinsound software?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys may have.

Not sure about shakers, but absolute best investment I made with my T2. Excellent board, easy to install and the sound is amazing, even with stock speakers:

Wow. Sounds fantastic! Did you do that yourself?

Might be hard to resist buying once i get the xmas stuff out of the way......:D

I've got 2, one in TAF and one in STNG and one going in my TZ when it comes. Great sound, super easy to fit. I have pinball pro speakers in the TAF for stereo 2.1 with the sub but the difference over stock is only marginal save really r the bass.

Only issue I had was skipping samples and bad streaming, I put this down to the usb memory stick it ships with (Sandisk) so I swapped it for lexar jump drive (fastest) and no more problems.

I think shaker support is mooted in the future to with a sub woofer you don't need one :) easy to add the 2.1 stereo support and great to control the cab/back box volumes.

I just don't have the time nor inclination to set up my own sound mixes and some of them that you can get are a little mixed in quality.

Overall I really like them, the sound mixes can sound a lot different to the originals so probably not for purists, but the original highly compressed original files are usually available.

I'll take a video and upload later.

I've got 2, one in TAF and one in STNG and one going in my TZ when it comes. Great sound, super easy to fit. I have pinball pro speakers in the TAF for stereo 2.1 with the sub but the difference over stock is only marginal save really r the bass.

Only issue I had was skipping samples and bad streaming, I put this down to the usb memory stick it ships with (Sandisk) so I swapped it for lexar jump drive (fastest) and no more problems.

I think shaker support is mooted in the future to with a sub woofer you don't need one :) easy to add the 2.1 stereo support and great to control the cab/back box volumes.

I just don't have the time nor inclination to set up my own sound mixes and some of them that you can get are a little mixed in quality.

Overall I really like them, the sound mixes can sound a lot different to the originals so probably not for purists, but the original highly compressed original files are usually available.

I'll take a video and upload later.
So basically it's a blank sound board and you have to add all your mixed samples to the usb stick? Sounds very time consuming unless somebody has already uploaded good samples onto the pinsound forum?

Basically it's a blank sound board and you have to add all your samples to the usb stick? Sounds very time consuming unless somebody has already uploaded good samples onto the pinsound forum?

There's a forum linked to pinsound full of ready made files for pinsound, there's 4 for STNG for example. Some aren't great but others are superb.

There's a forum linked to pinsound full of ready made files for pinsound, there's 4 for STNG for example. Some aren't great but others are superb.

My TAF

[/QUOTE]

here's STNG - I'll record better these are just snaps on my phone

QUIZ TIME!

Tried registering for the pinsound forum and I need a registration question.
Now i have nearly seen every Twight Zone episode but this is just ridiculous. Nothing on the Internet about it and when you search for it on google it comes back with the pinball machine. Anyway..

What's the name of the white ball in the Twilight Zone?

QUIZ TIME!

Tried registering for the pinsound forum and I need a registration question.
Now i have nearly seen every Twight Zone episode but this is just ridiculous. Nothing on the Internet about it and when you search for it on google it comes back with the pinball machine. Anyway..

What's the name of the white ball in the Twilight Zone?

Powerball

Thumbs up @Rus121 :thumbs::thumbs: great thread, you've got me all intrigued now. Has anybody fitted this into their IJ? If so is it worth the investment? I'm currently restoring mine and although I'm way off from playing it at the moment if it really is as good as they say it would really add to the game when playing.

Thumbs up @Rus121 :thumbs::thumbs: great thread, you've got me all intrigued now. Has anybody fitted this into their IJ? If so is it worth the investment? I'm currently restoring mine and although I'm way off from playing it at the moment if it really is as good as they say it would really add to the game when playing.

The IJA re-orchestration is supposed to be very good. When I (eventually) get myself an IJ, I'll poop a Pinsound in :)

I too keep coming round to 'nearly' buying pinsound. Ive read the FAQ on the site. Time for a stupid question: if I install one, are my original sounds still there? As for stereo, aren't the original samples in mono ? As for making my own sounds, that's a bonus, first and foremost, I am just looking to make my BSD to sound better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can download the original samples and if anything they sound ok but sampling was heavily compressed back then and the limitations can show up. Very few originals are stereo but some of the remixes are and sound great.

I have got all the samples i want to use for BSD and have spent a long time clipping, chopping and looping audio files in Audacity. I found that the movie has really poor audio for some of the callouts that Drac does in the game and after comparing its clear that these callouts were done by another voice. So some messing around will be certain but after listening to some of those pinsound projects i'm sure it will sound good enough.

Got one in my Star Wars and it makes the game in my opinion, loads better than the stock Data East sound :thumbs:

Supposed to be very good. Note my comment about the SD drive, I had so-so performance with the Sandisk USB they ship with it, had no problems using a lexar jumpdrive (£24).

I see you bought that STNG with a pinsound in it... it's dead easy to swap the board and try it in your IJ. The longest part is downloading the new files and having the machine translate them which takes 20mins or so.

Excuse the video quality - hard to play and record, I'll need to take a tripod in...

GNR with Pinsound... machine just waiting for its ColorDMD cable. Mostly LED's and invisiglass too.

Bah, having problems embedding, will sort later sorry

Excuse the video quality - hard to play and record, I'll need to take a tripod in...

GNR with Pinsound... machine just waiting for its ColorDMD cable. Mostly LED's and invisiglass too.

Bah, having problems embedding, will sort later sorry

Back
Top Bottom