What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinside is such an angry place.....

I am just going to crack open a few bottles tonight and play some pinball.
No one wants a 3.5k loss but that looks like we will have to bite the bullet. Like your passion @Rus121 I'd be up to chipping in for a ticket for you to go over. How much is a bus ticket to the U.S. ;)
Let's see what happens later in the week.
Gutted as Predator was my ultimate title, to good to come true. ********.

Sorry Paul but I think me & Pete were chill already. If I had known suggesting Kevin needs a good kicking and robbed for Predator parts would cause a backlash, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it.

Realistically speaking though, I think we all know that had any of these boutique guys been based in the UK, some of them would have be buried under patios by now. There's no way English folk would have put up with some of the things that have gone on.

wait, someone compared the terrible GRC stuff to HEP's stuff? lol. yeah booby elvira sure was.. an awesome GRC restoration..:rofl: for sure.. ugh... HEP/Chris is sure shaking in his boots over GRC.:cuckoo:

Terrible GRC stuff? Please explain what is so terrible.

They aren't in competition with HEP. What I was saying was, that for a shop which reconditions and services machines, they are putting out products almost as nice as HEP. HEP go wayyy beyond what's necessary and is for people who want a piece of art, and that's fine too.

Booby Elvira belonged to one of the guys who worked there and it's what he wanted. Wouldn't mind a booby Elvira myself actually.

Win some...lose some

Will just have to see how this pans out. Think it was £3K I paid.
It was a gamble, but if it paid off then a cool Pred pinball would have been kick ass, but at least now I will have room to keep my coke fridge!

So do I Daz.
It looks to be a great game.

But dare I say it's all gone quiet on that front as well.

Hopefully the next news letter will show the factory and games being built

It's a **** storm in a **** cup... I acted early on the first rumblings and requested a full refund in january but didn't take the warnings to seriously so didn't follow up , wasn't until about six weeks ago that I started to up the ante and email every week then it became every day and now it's twice a day..... As Nik said the money is gone , Thats it game over you win some you lose some it's gone and it ain't coming back :(
I as most here can't afford to loose 3+K Like this but sometimes you have to just chalk **** up to experience and move on... Maybe we will all get a skull and a dangling corpse model as a reminder of our £3250

I'm aghast at Martins involvement. I just had to delete a ****load of stuff I wrote in disgust. Let just say I'm utterly furious he didn't let buyers know sooner.

All of this should've been leaked ages ago. Nice one to heighway for dragging it out some more :/

Did Kevin order the boards? Considering the most expensive part of this game is the board itself, my only guess here is that he blatantly didn't and for heighway to take it he would need the parts to return profit.

All of this should've been leaked ages ago. Nice one to heighway for dragging it out some more :/

Did Kevin order the boards? Considering the most expensive part of this game is the board itself, my only guess here is that he blatantly didn't and for heighway to take it he would need the parts to return profit.

MARTIN dragged it out, Martin tried to rescue the project by seeing if Heighway (who already had a relationship with Fox) could make something happen and rescue it. Andrew has already walked away from it, the only person who held this up from coming out seems to be Martin, which has annoyed Russ very much as he could have got refunded by the looks of it.

Yep, The anonymous emailer was right all along and new well into December 2014. I could have chargebacked the paypal payment at that time should I have known about this. Effing journalists always protect their precious story.

At least I can see Martin down the line at a pinball show to let him know exactly how I feel about that.

Well I suppose it kind of sounds like I'm blaming Heighway (which I am not), who was last in line.

How was it good intentions to hold it all back? I can get that he's not "The Sun" and doesn't dish dirt but it would've been in everyones best interest to get it out sooner.

At least I can see Martin down the line at a pinball show to let him know exactly how I feel about that.

You'll have to tell him again because he's probably read that by tomorrow.

Don't worry, I wrote him an email outlining my disgust. I could bang on about it, but really its Kevin that should have the all the flak. Martin just got caught up and decided to take a cowardly option of silence. Great guy huh?

MARTIN dragged it out, Martin tried to rescue the project by seeing if Heighway (who already had a relationship with Fox) could make something happen and rescue it. Andrew has already walked away from it, the only person who held this up from coming out seems to be Martin, which has annoyed Russ very much as he could have got refunded by the looks of it.

You say Andrew has walked away from it-meaning end of talks?

What an utter disaster. I've got to stop reading the Pinside thread. Did like this image though

img_f.pinside.com_201503_2329606_378717.jpg

How could anyone still ask for money AFTER getting a C&D order? Suspect it's got to end in jail time

I'm surprised with all this licence talk and ' who could possibly save this project ' that Andrew Heighway was mentioned and not Roger Sharpe?

sometimes you have to just chalk **** up to experience and move on...
Word, it's called life's lessons and wisdom is the end result, I'm sure most of us have gone through this and many of us 10 times worse, it's a kick in the teeth but in the big scheme of things just a small one, no life changing amount of money has been lost and everyone is still alive and well, the quicker you accept it and move on, the better your quality of life will be ;)

Wow, what a story though. Kevin must have been totally deluded to think he was going to build 250 pins and Fox wouldn't bat an eyelid...

So it continues:

"With all the chaos of the last few days I see it only fitting to remind everyone that I am still here and going through the necessary processes to get everyone what they've asked for. An official statement will be released as soon as possible, but you all need to know that I have not, as recent articles would have you believe, disappeared, nor do I plan to. My endless apologies for what you are all enduring, and you are all paramount in my mind while we expedite a solution to the issues you are all facing currently.
-Kevin"

Back
Top Bottom