What's new

Pinside is such an angry place.....

As of yet nothing :(

Might pay to point out to your "financial institution" all of those that have managed to score a result, following the same/similar route as you... I suspect when they see this, it'll remove a lot of the "due diligence" since that will already have been carried out by others (and you can say "look - there people have used other banks etc and they have had theirs sorted... are you intentionally dragging your feet??"....)

I agree with Paul.

Will;

When did you send the complaint in?

Was it via a Credit Card or Debit Card?

Who with? Mine was CC via Barclaycard.

If it helps I can send you the letter I sent to them.

Good luck mate.

are you intentionally dragging your feet??"....)
It's a bank, they are bw4nkers, swift to take but slow to relinquish their grip on yer Wonga :mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25861717

Off topic but check out these HSBC bw4nkers, they will now refuse to let you withdraw your own money upon request interrogating you regarding why and wanting proof what you are going to spend it on, think the sum is as little as 4k in some cases, did I miss something, can you not withdraw it and burn it if you wish, well it is yours right?

Last edited:
So given that X number of people have got a refund and we're the same people who make impulsive purchases is there going to be a mini buying frenzy in the near future?:confused:

Russ have you had any joy at reversing your payment? Fingers crossed.

So Dave, what machine are you going to get with the money? :clap:;)

I'm actually kinda relieved that Predator didn't happen. Squeezing 3 more pins in my cabin was going to be tough. I like the space I have. Thinking about the HOBBIT know. All the delays, the hype has gone for me. Not sure to stay in on it. With the production starting June ish I'm not sure if I will see the pin before 2016. That will be a real negative for me and will pull out.

I'm actually kinda relieved that Predator didn't happen. Squeezing 3 more pins in my cabin was going to be tough. I like the space I have. Thinking about the HOBBIT know. All the delays, the hype has gone for me. Not sure to stay in on it. With the production starting June ish I'm not sure if I will see the pin before 2016. That will be a real negative for me and will pull out.

I know what you mean about the Hobbit, with the hype being gone, I have been very close to cancelling a few times but decided to see it through. And now I'm happy that it's delayed, I will be forced to sell games I want to keep when it does eventually ship.

I met you at EAG where we were both there to see what the Hobbit was like, and yeah I was a bit disappointed but can still see the potential. The longer it takes the better the code will be on release, and recent vids I've seen are looking better, minor improvements keep coming.

I wish I had got in on it earlier though, the price has risen considerably since it was first announced.

Anyone else bailed out recently or thinking about it?

I bailed last Nov so ended up with a machine I could actually play for the last 6 months rather than just a hole in my bank account. Hated that I felt conned into paying in advance for a game when everything apart from the payment schedule kept getting delayed or changed. Really glad I did. Every time I see a quote from Jack I just don't quite believe what he's saying.

So saying though I think the game now looks far better than the version shown in Nov. Just not the 2nd coming that people were pre-selling it as. If it's good then hopefully I'll pick up a 2nd hand version in the future

It's a tough decision because money in the bank gets you a pretty poor return from interest, and bearing in mind TH was £6k at the announcement (not sure about that, correct me if I'm wrong), and now Smaug edition is £7.6k. That's quite a saving....but when you bail you are back to square one with zero return.

Nice to hear someone got a result. Sadly, I got dry bummed because I used Paypal linked to my bank account. Tried everything to no avail. Huge lesson learned there. I no longer play any pinball due to me wanting to just forget all about it. Shame really.

Don't let the bad experience stop you from playing Russ. Pre-ordering maybe but not playing :thumbs:

Looks like I have been buggered Analy without any lube as well :(
This cane through the other day and even though HSBC said it was all ok I appears that it is not.... They will be getting a very very ****ed off phone call Tuesday. Aghhhhhhhhhhhh C%#TS!!!!!!!!!
image.jpg

I'm only getting half so far as one half of the money was paid outside the time frame to claim it back.
We need to get together on this if some are getting it all and some only half and some sod all.
Let's all TRY and help each other to get back what's owed to us.

Oh man. Just when you think there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Wtf is Kevin going to do? He may have multiple suits from individuals, the local PD are on his case and, if rumours are to be believed the FBI ( can't help but say that with a Hannibal Lecter voice!) too! The man is fecked. I truly hope you guys get your money back but I expect you are in for the long haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
I would contact the bank again Will. 540 days, technically Predator was to be hand built and a product provided later. This failed to materialise due to Fraud

My PayPal case was opened on 16th April. Just noticed it was closed on 1st May.

Status details - We've finished reviewing this case. You don't need to do anything else.

Errrrr.....so does this mean I keep my money? Kevin/Skit-B were supposed to have 45 days to respond. I haven't had any follow up emails. Damn confusing. The money is still there on my credit card.

Edit: -

Just looked up why it's closed....
Step 7 - Case closed
The chargeback case is closed because there is insufficient evidence to dispute the chargeback.

So I guess it's ruled in my favour and I get to keep my money. What a relief!

Last edited:
I haven't had any email or letter
Just 3K in my account. That was 24th April think the law is 10days to argue it and it's been 20 odd

I only got half of what I paid , around £1500 as my first payment was more than 540 days .
Bugger.
It's held for 180 days so can't be touched.
Half is better than nothing I suppose especially when some have got nothing at all.
I feel your pain @Rus121 :(

Back
Top Bottom