What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins and humidity....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So - we know they don’t like it too damp, we know it also shouldn’t be too dry.... so anyone got any suggestions where it should be??? :)

NHBC many years ago recommended 12 - 15 Degrees when buying a new house to slowly dry out the house properly. So I would say 12 degrees !

Have my in a sodden shed. But I have it all insulated.
I run the dehumidifier every 3 days or so for a full day.
Helps from keeping the tools from rusting also.

It's a largely wood based product, ignoring the electronics, I would say the safest answer is 'constant whatever' rather than an ideal specific. Remove variation and you have the best luck.

Thanks all :)
Doing some additional digging, it seems humidity less than 40% isn’t recommended for the electronics, due to the increase in esd (electrostatic discharge)... so from an electronics perspective the best is 50-70RH... and from the above it seems that the best temp is between 12-15C....

12-15 wouldn’t be my comfortable playing temperature, so that would mean ramping up to 17-20 now and again - adding fluctuation.

Back
Top Bottom