What's new

Pinparts taking a time out

@pinballmania thank you for your help yesterday sorting EM bits which have arrived super fast today, the Jones socket is soooo much better than what it's replacing and 18-way! Have a good break:thumbs:

I’m back. Will be processing all orders on Monday. Had lots of stock delivered in the meantime so availability is pretty good. More bits due in on Monday so if something was out of stock please recheck or drop me a line if it’s still unavailable.

I’m off again next week, so orders placed after 3pm this Friday won’t post til 8th May

what sort of deals do you do on say a bag of 100 , 200 or 300 rubbers
common ones like 27/64 and 5/16 and rubber nuts

same with LEDs , in bags of 100

what sort of deals do you do on say a bag of 100 , 200 or 300 rubbers
common ones like 27/64 and 5/16 and rubber nuts

same with LEDs , in bags of 100
As above, Andy doesn’t sell LEDs, but I know Comet do bags of 25 or 100, and their LEDs are very good (if you like LEDs).

I bought a few of each colour as samples, and I really like them, I want to go LED on some , if not all my machines, I just can't justify the cost, I will need several hundred if not a couple of thousand LEDs

Positive, Phil sells Comet. I buy sunlight from him for my machines. Comet Sunlight are the best by far.

I think the clear domes spread the light better when used in the Genral Illumination.

they are the ones I bought samples for and like
however if you need 2000 at £1 each :confused: compared to 7p per bulb, its never going to happen

another thing I noticed about them, inserting them once , you are OK , however I bought samples of various colours to try out in different games, inserting and removing more than once, and a lot of them have twisted easily, and shorted out or broke the wiring, not glued very well if glued at all, £1 a pop in the bin, over 6 months thats probablly £50 in the bin, thats for the bayonets, the 555 have the problem as with all 555 of the wires falling off or shorting if you insert and remove them several times.

Last edited:
"sunlight white" i'm pretty sure means either "warm" white or "cold" white , LOL o_O, ~I have no idea which, i think a lot of other people wouldn't know either

they are the ones I bought samples for and like
however if you need 2000 at £1 each :confused: compared to 7p per bulb, its never going to happen

How about 45p each? https://www.cometpinball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=100-PACK-2SMD-CT-FT

As long as you fly to America and bring them back to avoid international postage and UK customs :cuckoo:

"sunlight white" i'm pretty sure means either "warm" white or "cold" white , LOL o_O, ~I have no idea which, i think a lot of other people wouldn't know either

Not quite true, it really is a neutral white - not as warm as their 'warm white', or as cold as their 'cold white'. It gives you the true insert plastic's colour, rather than a really warm relatively dimly lit version, as with incandescent bulbs.

How about 45p each? https://www.cometpinball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=100-PACK-2SMD-CT-FT

As long as you fly to America and bring them back to avoid international postage and UK customs :cuckoo:

Not quite true, it really is a neutral white - not as warm as their 'warm white', or as cold as their 'cold white'. It gives you the true insert plastic's colour, rather than a really warm relatively dimly lit version, as with incandescent bulbs.

sunlight varies, it depends on time of day and how much atmosphere its going through, from warm to cold to warm, each day, thats why i think the description "sunlight" confuses about half the people that guess what it might mean. :confused:

as for 45p per LED, that's still too much, these things cost less to produce than the incandescents yet are priced at >2000% markup :suspect:
a lot of middle men inbetween, each taking a large cut
what you need is a fluent in Chinese pinball enthusiast to get on Alibaba and buy in bulk direct from the manufacturer, they will be less than 5p each I guarantee

Last edited:
a lot of middle men inbetween, each taking a large cut
what you need is a fluent in Chinese pinball enthusiast to get on Alibaba and buy in bulk direct from the manufacturer, they will be less than 5p each I guarantee

Totally agree, and i wish you all the best on that quest.

I'm currently comfortable spending 50p a bulb in what I deem to be a luxury hobby, life is far too short :)

Totally agree, and i wish you all the best on that quest.

I'm currently comfortable spending 50p a bulb in what I deem to be a luxury hobby, life is far too short :)

it has "become" a luxury hobby, for a previous longtime it was a "shoestring" hobby
and unfortunatelly I'm still on, and will continue to be for the forseeable future on the "shoestring" budget
which is why unless LEDs become a lot more cheaper, the incandescents will have to stay,
ive not counted my spare incandescents, but guess there is a couple of thousand in my various stashes, enough to last a lifetime, me thinks.

I’m taking another short break from the 8th til the 18th June. If you have an order brewing get it in before Friday otherwise orders received after midday on Friday will ship on 18th June

No problem. If anyone else wants any screws you might all have to wait a bit for a restock.

Just placed a small order, hope I got under the wire as I need it to complete a tidyup :)

Back
Top Bottom