What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PINLIST: Northern Lights Pinball Show 2016

Nedreud

Registered
I posted this list on the Event Page but thought it was worth creating this separate thread for posterity and discussion about the pins themselves rather than the event itself generally.

By my reckoning there were 121 pinball machines present although 2 of them on the Pinball Heaven stand weren't playable. There were also only 2 that were dead all weekend (ROAD SHOW and MR & MRS PAC-MAN).

You can see pictures of them all in order (except the ones on the Pinball Heaven stand because it was so busy I didn't get a chance to take any photos!) starting with DRACULA:
Pinball Heaven
BABY PAC-MAN
ROTO POOL
WIZARD OF OZ
WIZARD OF OZ 75th Anniversary
THE HOBBIT
GHOSTBUSTERS Premium
GHOSTBUSTERS Pro
STAR TREK
KISS Premium
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
MEDIEVAL MADNESS
THE GETAWAY (not playable)
FUN HOUSE (not playable)

The Corner
BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
LAST ACTION HERO
BRIDE OF PIN-BOT
FUN HOUSE
4 ACES
NAUTILUS
FIREBALL
CIRCUS
AEROBATICS
ROBOT
SORCERER
AVENGERS
THEATRE OF MAGIC
JACK-BOT
BLACK ROSE
CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
CONGO
EARTHSHAKER

Row 1
NBA FASTBREAK
WHITEWATER
TWILIGHT ZONE
SPACE STATION
SCARED STIFF
ROAD SHOW (not working all weekend)
GOLD BALL
GRAND LIZARD
POLICE FORCE
PIN-BOT
SHREK
NO GOOD GOFERS
HEAT WAVE

Row 2
THE ADDAMS FAMILY SHOCKER
ROAD KINGS
STAR WARS
X-FILES
PINBALL MAGIC
GODZILLA
ROBOCOP
ROLLERGAMES
CSI
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
BATMAN
THE WALKING DEAD
METALLICA
REVENGE FROM MARS
FAMILY GUY
SPACE STATION
MOUSIN' AROUND!

Row 3
LORD OF THE RINGS
BATMAN
GUNS N'ROSES
IRON MAN
RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT
WORLD POKER TOUR
AUSTIN POWERS
SPIDER-MAN
LORD OF THE RINGS
AC/DC
GAME OF THRONES
EIGHT BALL DELUXE
X-MEN
THE ROLLING STONES

Row 4
INDIANA JONES myPinballs Re-Write
REVENGE FROM MARS myPinballs Re-Write
JUDGE DREDD
JOHNNY MNEMONIC
SWORDS OF FURY
INDIANA JONES THE PINBALL ADVENTURE
POPEYE SAVES THE EARTH
MEDUSA

Row 5
DEADLY WEAPON
BONE BUSTERS
BIG HOUSE
EXCALIBUR
ROBO WAR
TX-SECTOR
DIAMOND LADY
ARENA
SPRING BREAK
GENESIS
HOLLYWOOD HEAT
RAVEN
TAG TEAM
SPIRIT
ROCK

Row 6
DEMOLITION MAN
STAR WARS
FULL THROTTLE
ROCKY & BULLWINKLE
FISH TALES
FUN HOUSE
INDIANAPOLIS 500

Row 7
DIRTY HARRY
BLACK KNIGHT 2000
JOKERZ!
POLICE FORCE
STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION
BLACKWATER 100
BLACK KNIGHT
THE MACHINE BRIDE OF PIN-BOT
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
BLACK KNIGHT 2000
BARRACORA
CENTAUR
GORGAR
THE GETAWAY
TERMINATOR 2
MR & MRS PAC-MAN (not working all weekend)
SPACE INVADERS

Last edited:
Posted in the other thread, but probably more relevant here:

Mr & Mrs PacMan was working initially when the show first opened on Saturday morning.

I was planning on having a quick game on it for old times sake as I used to own one. I had a few games on other machines first, then went back to play it a half hour later, but it was switched off by then. :(

Wasn't it a GB Pro and a GB Premium ??
Ooh, not sure? All I remember was one was more expensive than the other. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to know there are different versions available as I didn't get a special invitation to look at the machines from Stern :p

You had all 7 superpins together under 1 roof and they weren't put together?! Sacrilegious!! Seriously tho what a great line up of pins, top effort by all concerned, next year I won't let my missus book any holidays until I've checked the dates! :mad::confused:

You had all 7 superpins together under 1 roof and they weren't put together?! Sacrilegious!! Seriously tho what a great line up of pins, top effort by all concerned, next year I won't let my missus book any holidays until I've checked the dates! :mad::confused:
Superpins? Enlighten me please!!!

I was surprised, that apart from the Gottlieb row, there was no effort to arrange the games at the NLP show into some kind of order. The games just seemed to be randomly set out with Classic Ballys next to Modern Sterns and System 11s.

There could have been a good Classic Bally line-up with Medusa, Gold Ball, M&MPM, Centaur, Space Invaders and 8BD. A good selection of the early Williams games could have all been together too, plus of course the 7 Superpins.

Last edited:
There could have been a good Classic Bally line-up with Medusa, Gold Ball, M&MPM, Centaur, Space Invaders and 8BD.
Agreed! Still nice to see the cross-over with video games though for TERMINATOR, PAC-MAN and SPACE INVADERS. I know setting up just a single machine is huge physical effort but the NLP team and some lenders bring a dozen machines at a time, so I suspect the ordering is based more on who brought them. Packing up at 6pm on Sunday is a mad rush to collapse and load as fast as possible which would be much harder if the umpteen machines you were trying to load onto your lorry were not all in a row.

The line-up of Gottliebs was brilliant however. I hadn't realised Gott had made so many utterly super-naff pins (yes, we're looking at you RAVEN) that are actually a whole lot of fun to play! I must have put at least 20 games on ARENA. I suspent @TYHO (Poibug) may have had something to do with their coming together ;) He said it was probably the best line-up of Gotts at any UK show and unlikely to be repeated any time soon.

I've noticed that even in my short 3-4 years of pinball the variety of machines seems to have shifted towards slightly more recent games. Chatting with people I think this might be because the older machines are slowly moving into private collections and they also tend not to travel well, and are less reliable at lasting an entire weekend. Some "modern" machines are getting older now too so folks are possibly more likely to bring machines that were once prized NIBs but have now been round the block a few times. Several people I spoke to said that in choosing to bring either an SS or DMD from their collection they bring their DMDs because they're just more reliable for a show.

Bally Williams wide body's. JD, IJ, STTNG, Popeye, DM, TZ and... er bugger what's the last one? T2?
Well I did not know that! Thanks!

Being a PARAGON owner I know about Bally's five SUPERWIDE pins: FUTURE SPA, PARAGON, SPACE INVADERS, HOT DOGGIN' and EMBRYON. I'd love to see them all in a row one day...:)

Apologies but Congo seemed to suffer a relatively big fault on the 1st day - the 2 way deflector that should sit just near the volcano snapped off apparently! So each time the game shot the ball up into the glass instead. Nearly **** myself when i first heard it bashing the glass after arriving on the Sunday! That's definitely not supposed to be doing that... I'm just hoping the lack of a 2 way deflector and a few hundred games with balls flying everywhere hasn't done much costly damage elsewhere now too.

Updated! I'm sure there are other pins on the list where I haven't listed the exact model, probably modern stuff like IRON MAN and X-MEN. Sorry in advance :oops:
It was an original IM (with some LEDs fitted) and an Avengers Pro.

I really enjoyed Full Throttle! No idea what was going on though - seemed like every shot had a coloured LED lit for something or other, i just couldn't follow the logic. If that's their first game then looking promising for Alien.

Ghostbuster's Premium had a ridiculously tight tilt setting - make it very hard to enjoy any games on it. The Pro was fun though.

I had far too much fun playing Pinbot.

Last edited:
I was surprised, that apart from the Gottlieb row, there was no effort to arrange the games at the NLP show into some kind of order. The games just seemed to be randomly set out with Classic Ballys next to Modern Sterns and System 11s.

There could have been a good Classic Bally line-up with Medusa, Gold Ball, M&MPM, Centaur, Space Invaders and 8BD. A good selection of the early Williams games could have all been together too, plus of course the 7 Superpins.

Whoever put that TOM tucked away in the corner constantly surrounded and out of reach....I hate you. Now I definitely have to buy one just so I can actually get to play it.

next year im sure we can put together a system 11 heaven line. each year obv more Sterns as they become older. also they do tend to be shove legs on , twist allen key , insert balls and away you go. NLP is a chance to bring out the older stuff though and the range this year of eras and makers was superb. Add in a game plan and Atari and there wouldn't be much missing! I will TRY to help with the latter next year and maybe an early Stern solid state ie pre 1984

Back
Top Bottom