What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Pink Tutu Pancreatic Cancer - EM refurbishment Co. presents: Bally Sky Kings Auction

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
All

It’s time to don the pink TuTu one more time. It seems that Bastard Cancer needs another reet good kicking, I know just the tutu touting tw@ to do it – moi!
Before I dive into detail, my thanks to Paul for allowing me to post this – cheers buddy!
I also plan to do ‘meathlon’ later this year (probably August), more details to follow nearer the time but it will involve, running, cycling along routes where I and others have lost loved ones as well as swimming down a river – all while wearing the pink TuTu of course…

But for now, I would like to offer up this freshly resurrected, Bally Sky Kings EM pinball machine by way of a 7 dayish auction that starts, NOW! that will end on Sunday 20th March 23:59:59. The winning bidder will then pay me and then I will pay 100% into a just Giving Fund that I will start a month or so later. I will post back on this thread the link so you can see that I will be true to my word.

The machine
Originally purchased as a non worker from a member on here about 5 years ago now I think, it had a pretty hard life before hand…
I have carried out an almost 100% metal work strip down tumbled and or polished. All contacts have been checked, cleaned, gapped and many parts replaced like coils, contacts, bumper rings, rubbers and lamps. The playfield has been professionally touched up (oy perv) oh okay when I say professionally I mean I did it 😊. Mylar has been installed under the bumpers and laid over all the repainted areas to prevent further damage. Those that have played any of the machines I have brought back know, I don’t muck about, they really do get a full monty. I even cleaned up the legs on this one, and I don’t normally bother with legs…

• It is 100% working and reliable - no dodgy switches flickering lamps etc.
  • It will be set to free vend, the coin door/mechs do not need to be relied upon to credit up.
  • The back glass is minty, I have never seen a glass of this age in such great condition, I kid you not!
  • In addition to the pinball machine, the winning bidder will receive a certificate, key ring with keys and a USB stick containing: -
    • Schematics
    • Instructions
    • All refurb pics taken by me
    • Rubber ring guide

Want to know more about what has been done. Check out the link below for the shop thread for the table: -
Complete - Bally Sky Kings EM | Pinball info

Check out the videos below for the finished product, as taken this week: -

Game in Play:

Game Inside:

Game Back box:

A Few Pics
IMG_0983.JPEGIMG_0984.JPEGIMG_0985.JPEG

Rules
  • You can have as many bids as you like, you just need to be higher than the last bidder to win.
  • You must post your bid value on this thread after the last highest bid.
  • I will leave the bidding open for one week. So bidding closes on Sunday 20th March 23:59:59 - live rock paper scissors best of three to settle any final bid disputes.
  • You can bid on behalf of others if they are not on the forum, but I will hold you responsible for providing the dosh.
  • Once bidding has closed and you are the winning bidder, I will need payment by bank transfer within 7 days and the pin collected within 2 weeks please.
  • Buyer pays all costs and makes all arrangements associated with shipping.
  • As soon as the table leaves my premises, my liability for the table will end. The pin owner must take the necessary steps for insurance.
  • I nor representatives of me cannot be held accountable for any damage or injury resulting from use or misuse of this table - it is not a flying toy.
Please bear in mind I am not doing this for a living nor a prospective business. I am doing something I enjoy to raise money for charity whilst at the same time bringing back to life another dead pin. I have won three best in show awards for my work on restoring pins. I have a fair amount of experience with EMs, mostly Williams and Bally based EMs and most of my machines have been to many shows and are always involved in the Midlands league meet.

My starting or Reserve bid is £399.99*. Please place a bid higher than this amount or higher than the previous bidder.

* The higher you bid the greater the chance you have of winning and the more money will go to Pancreatic Cancer UK - For Everyone Affected by Pancreatic Cancer.
And don't forget you can bid as many times as you like.

Thank you very much guys and gals and happy bidding.

Any questions please ping me.

JB

What a great thing to do. And a devastating form of cancer. As much as I would love to own the pin I have no room. Please share the just giving link and I'll donate.

You're an inspiration @Biff 👏. £700.
i don't know about that an As or prat may be ;-)
What a great thing to do. And a devastating form of cancer. As much as I would love to own the pin I have no room. Please share the just giving link and I'll donate.
Not set up yet, as i want to do something in August and if they are not active for a certain period of time they get deleted :-( Rest assured i will be back in touch then :)

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to bid on the table (which is a shame, cos this is one of my favourite EM's) But I will definitely donate to the Justgiving when it's live. such a great cause.
I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer just over 25 years ago now at just 47 years old. It's a particularly devastatiing form of cancer, with little chance of effective treatment, which i believe is still the case, so a very worthy cause to raise money for. SO big thanks and much resoect for doing this.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to bid on the table (which is a shame, cos this is one of my favourite EM's) But I will definitely donate to the Justgiving when it's live. such a great cause.
I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer just over 25 years ago now at just 47 years old. It's a particularly devastatiing form of cancer, with little chance of effective treatment, which i believe is still the case, so a very worthy cause to raise money for. SO big thanks and much resoect for doing this.
Sorry for your loss. Sure will post just giving soon.

Info pack hard copy, ready. Just waiting for USB stick from Flamazon.

993C8A32-1F37-4B1B-AF54-5DB542AA9B6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. The response to this has been phenomenal, thank you so much, and still two more days to go :)

:clap: :excited:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom