What's new

PINBALLINFO IGNORANCE......THANK YOU...EXPERIENCE.

new forest pinball

Site Supporter
Alias
Keef.
hi all,
It was September 2015, I had been repairing pinball machines again for about 8 years. (Started in the eighties, stopped in 1993 as we became authorised repair agents for blaupunkt, clarion, Sony, Kenwood and pioneer car audio, this was a lot more profitable at the time, car audio was big then and lots of fun...the car manufacturers have killed pretty much all the fun out of modding cars these days, sadly).
After the financial crisis of 2008 working with pinballs was beginning to get tedious...customers expectations suddenly started to become unreasonable, for example.. "what! you charge for a call out"... "how much per hour!?" "If its more than £50 forget it" etc....(what we used to call in the car trade ...."the just be a fuse brigade"). I was starting to lose my pinball mojo for the very first time!
Being an arcade addict in the early eighties this was surely unthinkable! Then back to September 2015 something curious happened. (Phew I hear you say, at last back on topic!) I spotted @robotgreg old baywatch on eBay....oh, I must have that I thought, and here's where it gets interesting, many of my customers in the past had asked me "are you on pinballinfo what's your i.d.?" They would say. What's pinballinfo I would say to myself, but never out loud. Anyway so I agree a deal on baywatch and what does the seller ask me...you guessed it "are you on pinballinfo?" This time for some unexpected reason I said it out loud.."what's pinballinfo?" And the seller explained and I thought fantastico! How do I get involved? That member was @Spandangler aka gaz..cheers for that gaz!
This brings me back to the point....I want to say a big thank you to the pinballinfo forum it's given me my pinball mojo back..it's great fun...really informative and helps keep pinball and pinball machines alive and kicking. (Restoring Pinball's back to there former glory is my favourite thing of all, getting them to play as intended with all features working is so satisfying).
Also a big thank you to the admin team...without their time and commitment this forum would not be the great community that it is! So thanks guys and your long suffering partners! @Sgt GrizZ @mufcmufc @Paul ,(hope I have not excluded and quieter admin guys, if I have thank you to) really appreciate the way you police the forum, being quick to ban one's that troll or insult others.
I know so many of you members now..I cannot mention you all..but thanks for a great community...long may it continue! Pinball is all great again! And whilst I am playing pinball everything in the world is great! (Think you know what I mean) share your experiences. cheers Keith.

Back
Top Bottom