What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Size Car

LordBucketHead

Registered
Would a (un-wide) pinball (dismantled) fit in a Toyota Avensis and allow room for one normal size passenger ?
Thank you for your advice.

Incidentally, got my mrs a Mitsubishi L200 (horse box towing) - double cab - won't fit a pinball unless the gate is open and it's super well tied, not sure I'd risk it.

Roughly, how high is a (Williams for example) pin with the legs removed and hinged head folded down ? (I don't know how long a piece of string is btw :D)

Sounds about right with head folded I measured 30" which is two and a half feet :)
I apologise to the gent and his informative web page. There wouldn't be much point in publishing wrong dimensions. It just seems surprisingly (happily) less than I expected.

Should have bought her a Mitsubishi Shogun Elegance LWB as can fit a pin in back of one and will easily pull a horsebox :)

We originally bought a shogun but it was written off under warranty, she saw the L200 and chose that. I can always hire something if need be.

nope just take the head off

easy

sopetimes if only a small amount can just unbolt and slide backbox down

poi

Is it fair to assume (I know it made an ass of u and me) that pretty much any modern small swb van could carry a pin (legs removed and head folded down) ?

Is it fair to assume (I know it made an ass of u and me) that pretty much any modern small swb van could carry a pin (legs removed and head folded down) ?

Definitely wouldn't count on it. I hired a van and drove 30+ miles over to Liverpool to pick up a football table. On measurements alone it should have easily fitted in with room to spare. Except the measurements didn't take into account a weird shape in the bulkhead that severely reduced the load space. So I started off the journey with the doors propped open and tied together. Eventually stopped off and propped the whole thing up on its side so I could shut the doors and hit the motorway. Lesson: Always hire/buy a bigger van than you think you need.

Definitely wouldn't count on it. I hired a van and drove 30+ miles over to Liverpool to pick up a football table. On measurements alone it should have easily fitted in with room to spare. Except the measurements didn't take into account a weird shape in the bulkhead that severely reduced the load space. So I started off the journey with the doors propped open and tied together. Eventually stopped off and propped the whole thing up on its side so I could shut the doors and hit the motorway. Lesson: Always hire/buy a bigger van than you think you need.
I love stories like these. The difference between van rental prices from one size to the next isn't too frightening. Probably only a couple of Happy Meals & less than two motorway smoked ham & cheese sandwiches.

VW Caddy and above takes a pin...
Ford Transit and above takes a pin...

I bought a new car today, first thing I did was get the tape measure out to check the distance between the top of the tailgate and the bottom of the roof. Doesn't matter how a car looks, that's the important bit - it needs to be at least 76cm, preferably 80cm, or a game won't fit in.

I've had three or four people turn up to collect games from me in estate cars, confident that it'd take a pin easy and laughing at my little Honda Jazz in the driveway. Of course the games didn't fit in their long bulky estate cars as they weren't high enough.

I just bought another Jazz.

I love stories like these. The difference between van rental prices from one size to the next isn't too frightening. Probably only a couple of Happy Meals & less than two motorway smoked ham & cheese sandwiches.

That was a Mercedes Citan for future reference. I wouldn't risk anything smaller than a Transit.

I bought a new car today, first thing I did was get the tape measure out to check the distance between the top of the tailgate and the bottom of the roof. Doesn't matter how a car looks, that's the important bit - it needs to be at least 76cm, preferably 80cm, or a game won't fit in.

I've had three or four people turn up to collect games from me in estate cars, confident that it'd take a pin easy and laughing at my little Honda Jazz in the driveway. Of course the games didn't fit in their long bulky estate cars as they weren't high enough.

I just bought another Jazz.
Was in Bexhill-on-Sea last week. It's like a small retirement village....awash with Honda Jazzs' and people driving in hats.....with driving gloves.......You know the average age of a Jazz owner is 74? Next time you see a Jazz, notice how you can only see a couple of hands on the steering wheel, a hat on top of the wheel....I am assuming someone is driving it...as it goes the wrong way around the roundabout.....

Ended up renting an almost new VW Transporter. Big enough for three pins really. An absolute pleasure to drive (not that I have a massive range of van experience tbh)

When it comes to vans (and especially large vans, with space for four or more) weight is usually the limiting factor that no one thinks of

Most very large 3.5t Lutons for example can fit 12, maybe 13 at a squeeze. But you'll be at the weight limit after 8 or 9.

Back
Top Bottom