What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Republic - The Final Weekend!!

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
This weekend (Jan 27-28th) will be the last chance to visit Pinball Republic before we close.

We are still struggling to get new premises but continue to try. (Any help gratefully received)

In either case we are going out with a bang! This weekend Pinball Republic are hosting a PinGolf competition on Saturday and a Match Play competition on the Sunday. This is alongside the UKCS Finals which will also take place on the Saturday.

There will be food and plenty of beers in the fridge and we hope to see many of you to help toast the end of 6 fantastic years here in Croydon.

We hope to see you there!!

I hope you guys find another venue. Its a shame it wasnt up here as I could have helped out with that.

I had a great night at PBR a couple of years ago when I was down in London for business. Being a newbie to pinball I was like a kid in a candy shop getting to play all those tables.

Fingers crossed you turn something up and hope the weekend goes well.

Mark

Gutted to hear you're closing Matt, hope you find a new place as I was planning to come down for a weekend later in the year.

You need to look further up North for a site. Most folk would travel a few hours + you might attract more visitors with a new central location!

Last edited:
A shame I can't make either of these days this weekend (Even though I am in London anyway!) but here's hoping a suitable venue crops up soon and the future of PBR looks bright :D

Bump - 34 so far on the list, plus the Pikes make it 37... we can do better than that for the last ever PBR Croydon comp!

Think there are a few more coming yet to register though.

We even have Mike Kindler and Mike Parkins both out of tournament retirement to come play in the final battle 😉 Should be a treat!

Would have loved to have been able to attend but sadly too much on at the moment to be able to get down.

Good luck everyone going for the WCS final and hope everyone who makes it enjoys the final blow out for PBR.

Thanks so much to everyone at PBR for putting on a fantastic weekend of pinball. 3 great tournaments, great food, and awesome people. I feel very privileged to have picked up a trophy at the final tournament at PBR in its current location
All the best for all your future plans, and here's to the next chapter in the PBR story ❤️

Congratulations to Yuen Aw on winning yesterdays UKCS Match play competition!

After 20 matchplay qualifying rounds the standings were:

1706549889353.png
1706549928962.png

The top 16 qualified for the finals which was made up of four groups of 4. The top qualified seed in each match got to choose either the game or position (they always chose the game) with the top 2 progressing from each match.

The Quarter Finals

Match 1 - Star Wars - (Picked by Yuen)

Yuen Aw 1st
Stan Simpson 4th
Peter Blakemore 2nd
Martyn Iles 3rd

Match 2 - You only live twice (Picked by Nathan)

Nathan Garwood 4th
Ed Rojas 2nd
Andy Brock 1st
Graham Swaffield 3rd

Match 3 - Dialled In (Picked by Matt)

Matt Vince 1st
Josh Iles 3rd
Dan Pike 4th
Anton Stewart 2nd

Match 4 - Farfalla (Picked by Dave Fowler)

Dave Fowler 3rd
Dave Tucker 4th
Greg Mott 2nd
Nick Hamill 1st

Semi Finals
Match 1 - Foo Fighters (Chosen by Yuen)

Yuen Aw 1st
Nick Hamill 4th
Anton Stewart 3rd
Ed Rojas 2nd

Match 2 - The Walking Dead (Picked by Matt)

Andy Brock 1st
Matt Vince 2nd
Peter Blakemore 4th
Greg Mott 3rd

Final

Jurassic Park (Stern) - Picked by Yuen

Yuen Aw 1st
Andy Brock 3rd
Matt Vince 2nd
Ed Rojas 4th

Thank you to everyone that attended and helped out this weekend, it was a great send off to the club in this location and fingers crossed we can find another!

Yuen trophy 1st.jpg
Matt trophy 2nd.jpg
Andy B trophy 3rd.jpg
The finalists.jpg
Group at PBR Jan 2024.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to add my thanks to a great weekend of pinball. You all did pbr proud with a great send-off for the last weekend of tournaments. Fingers crossed for finding a new venue sooner rather than later.

One funny moment to share was @VeeMonroe asking me if I liked having my machines well lit at home and her face was a picture when I innocently replied - I don't have any machines at home...! :D

Not sure it matters but think I came third in my game @Matt Vince .

Congrats to the winners, was an awesome weekend.

Sad to hear there new venue has fallen through but hope you find somewhere soon.

I would like to add my thanks to a great weekend of pinball. You all did pbr proud with a great send-off for the last weekend of tournaments. Fingers crossed for finding a new venue sooner rather than later.

One funny moment to share was @VeeMonroe asking me if I liked having my machines well lit at home and her face was a picture when I innocently replied - I don't have any machines at home...! :D
I still didn't realise it was you, even after you said that! :oops: Lovely to meet you in person :D

I now realise your pins are extra special when lit... ;):)

Many thanks to Matt and the PBR crew for a great final weekend send off.

Also to Sarah and Diane for a lovely chilli. Very sorry to hear that it got left on overnight and hope the pots were salvageable. If not happy to contribute to cost of new ones.

Very well done to Yuen, who dominated the weekend and also to Saturdays winners, Nick and Jack.

Hope you find a new venue soon.

Long live the Republic!

Back
Top Bottom