What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball ownership and cash flow advice/input needed

Love how it censored that. Arśenal tickets are the most expensive in the country. I'm taking up watching bowls

You're not ****nal as well are you mate? I paid 90 odd quid for my ticket to the Tottenham game last season. Ridiculous

That's why I divorced mine at the end of last year after 17 years together. She was always miserable and glass half empty. **** that, I'm a depressive anyway so that's the last thing I need to be around.

I agree with all of the advice offered, do what makes you happy dude. Life could be gone in an instant, hit by a bus or whatever. **** em all. Do whatever won't hurt others but will still be enjoyable, I'm sure it's gotta be the best road to happiness at the end of the day. At least I hope so.

Amen.

Been there, done that, also finally married the right one. Now have a few machines and a chalkboard full of experiences.

May you be lucky but it seems to early to be worrying about pin machines. Why not buy into a few machines with friends, kind of a timeshare and circulate them?

Maybe a forum timeshare? Sounds good to me. I already know and trust quite a few folk on here so i'd be up for it.

Yes Dan will be doing this year's lock in again.
Bit presumptuous but If knock on @cooldans back door Saturday night after marshaling at Oulton park on Saturday, can I come? Bought my Sunday ticket? Would like to meet other like minded idiots if poss? [emoji54]

It's a difficult one which involves many things to look at.
My wife has always wanted to go to Havana, I feel really bad for not taking her there but would I sell a pinball to do it? no way, not while we both work and I pay for everything except the food.
If she wanted to go there so much why did she buy a hot tub?
That was her choice. My wife is ace, and I love her dearly. she lets me have what ever I want, and as long as there are interest free money transfer cards I normally end up with these things.
If my daughter or wife needed a life saving operation which needed cash, I would sell them all in a heart beat, without regret, well some but I know what is really important, but for travel......no, I will get her there but not just yet. I'm not buying any more as I have no space (famous last words) but I believe it as I only have one in my collection which I would move on so the money, if any I manage to put by, will go on something she wants but I will travel when I retire, we go abroad twice a year so she should be, and is happy, one of those times i take my girls, which ends up costing more than a trip to Havana, but she understands a holiday with my kids is important to me, so we rough it Spain, she gets that, but a bathroom? put it on a 4 year interest free card or if there is nothing wrong with the one you have, let her put her hand in her pocket.
My wife has decorated our lounge 3 times in the last 5 years, her cost, new 2 piece suite, alcove cabinets etc etc, we never use the room other than on Christmas day! Do I moan about it, no, if she pays, she says.
I may sound a bit harsh but in my wife's words, who is she to tell me what I can and can't have when I work 2 jobs and pay for virtually everything.
There is a lifetime to get everything you want, sometimes you just have to wait.
If it is what you both want then fine, sell it, you can get another but make sure it is for both of you and not just what she wants.
Good luck.

My wife has always wanted to go to Havana, I feel really bad for not taking her there but would I sell a pinball to do it? no way, not while we both work and I pay for everything except the food.
That was her choice. My wife is ace, and I love her dearly. she lets me have what ever I want, and as long as there are interest free money transfer cards I normally end up with these things.
If my daughter or wife needed a life saving operation which needed cash, I would sell them all in a heart beat, without regret, well some but I know what is really important, but for travel......no, I will get her there but not just yet. I'm not buying any more as I have no space (famous last words) but I believe it as I only have one in my collection which I would move on so the money, if any I manage to put by, will go on something she wants but I will travel when I retire, we go abroad twice a year so she should be, and is happy, one of those times i take my girls, which ends up costing more than a trip to Havana, but she understands a holiday with my kids is important to me, so we rough it Spain, she gets that, but a bathroom? put it on a 4 year interest free card or if there is nothing wrong with the one you have, let her put her hand in her pocket.
My wife has decorated our lounge 3 times in the last 5 years, her cost, new 2 piece suite, alcove cabinets etc etc, we never use the room other than on Christmas day! Do I moan about it, no, if she pays, she says.
I may sound a bit harsh but in my wife's words, who is she to tell me what I can and can't have when I work 2 jobs and pay for virtually everything.
There is a lifetime to get everything you want, sometimes you just have to wait.
If it is what you both want then fine, sell it, you can get another but make sure it is for both of you and not just what she wants.
Good luck.

I showed my wife this post and she asked if you were taking the ****? :rofl:

Good luck.

Take your wife to Havana you tight sod.

I guess my post comes across a bit harsh, and it is but my wife does not pay for any of my machines, and I do not ask her to help out in any way more than she does all ready. She spends her money on her things, and I on mine and as long as the important things are provided for then it works.... for us, it wouldn't for everyone.
She says although I pay the electric bill for the hot tub, I enjoy the use of it, yes its all banter but we live on banter, that's how we are and it's why we work, she laughs at how if I died tomorrow she would enjoy the proceeds from my machines but I know deep down she is happy that I am and if I thought our marriage was on the line if I did not do the holiday etc then I would have to think that much harder but I know she would never force my hand like that.

she laughs at how if I died tomorrow she would enjoy the proceeds from my machines

A couple of months ago a friend's wife died after they had been together for 27 years which is the same time myself and Anna have been together. We (myself and Anna) were discussing how incredibly hard it would be to start all over again with another person after all that time. All of a sudden Anna went quiet and got a dreamy look in her eye. Yup, she wasn't as much traumatised over the potential future loss of her husband as excited over regaining the room plus flogging the games off to pay for decorations. :eek::mad: They'd be gone before I'm even cold....

A couple of months ago a friend's wife died after they had been together for 27 years which is the same time myself and Anna have been together. We (myself and Anna) were discussing how incredibly hard it would be to start all over again with another person after all that time. All of a sudden Anna went quiet and got a dreamy look in her eye. Yup, she wasn't as much traumatised over the potential future loss of her husband as excited over regaining the room plus flogging the games off to pay for decorations. :eek::mad: They'd be gone before I'm even cold....
Do you want to give her my number mate....you know....just in case... ;)

[QUOTE="Adrian Hufton, post: 222401, member: 240"
If my daughter or wife needed a life saving operation which needed cash, I would sell them all in a heart beat, without regret.....[/QUOTE]

I thought this quote topped it. I am sure your family would appreciate the generous and noble gesture of you making the ultimate sacrifice in selling a pinball table to save their lives....can't say you would make parent / husband of the year with that statement !:D

Bit presumptuous but If knock on @cooldans back door Saturday night after marshaling at Oulton park on Saturday, can I come? Bought my Sunday ticket? Would like to meet other like minded idiots if poss? [emoji54]
pm your contact details & I'll put you on the reserve list & let you know if there's an available space left nearer the time & how you can get in if that's the case.

Regards,
Dan (The long-haired, bearded, hippy one).

Back
Top Bottom