What's new

Expired Pinball Moving Wheel Kit - Pin Skates

Expired Due to no activity

MadNat

Site Supporter
i recently visited @Garry Sp8 and he was spinning pinballs about like some kind of wizard… turns out he’d had some pin skates made several years ago - and offered them for sale here.

I’m keen to get my own set - and wondered if others would like to join in?

Materials have gone up so the price is now £120, including deliver to a mainland UK address.

They are very similar to the product sold by Marco - to be clear they are similar not the same item.

Here are some pics:
IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG

I’d need at least 4 more buyers to place an order (price is based on 5 sets).

Who would be interested?

Thanks
Mike

I’m in, one set would be great. ( I assume they are easy to pop on and off so one set will be fine for a few machines)

Mike

I was using mine a couple of hours ago. They are invaluable for me as I wouldn't be able to move Pins from the garage to inside the house on my own without them. I have to lift my Pins over a couple of high steps and they stay firmly in place.
IMG_20230531_213634.jpg

I use the following casters on my woodwork bench and I think there's probably some distance in using a similar style/modified concept to augment the feet on all pinball machines if someone has some time and design skills: Retractable casters. What I was thinking was using the concept, but redesigning so that they both provide a means of mobility when needed, but also allow each corner to be lifted onto the wheel whilst the foot adjustment was used for levelling, eliminating the need for back-breaking lifting or those ratchet type things that Neil posted about a while back.
Interesting idea - suggest you open a new thread on getting that going.

This thread is looking at creating a group of 5 or more to buy the current design.

Cheers

Interesting idea - suggest you open a new thread on getting that going.

This thread is looking at creating a group of 5 or more to buy the current design.

Cheers
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to potentially derail :)

Last edited:
Looking at the photos, I’m assuming the arm acts as a lever then locks on to the leg.

Put me on the list for a set please.
Alan.

I was asking myself the same Alan, how does it lift the machine? A quick video of it may help me as I am very visual in my thinking.
Definitely a short video would confirm our thoughts on how the product is used.

Looks like these are the same thing.

Trying from my phone so hope it works.
If not, it is the 3 minute video if you put pinball skates into Google.

Last edited:
Can I just ask, do these have different width settings? I think I can see a bolt? I.e. would they fit a wide body pin? Are different manufacturers different sizes?

Can I just ask, do these have different width settings? I think I can see a bolt? I.e. would they fit a wide body pin? Are different manufacturers different sizes?
They fit both standard and wide body pins. Unlike other versions that have fixed positions changed with a spring clip, these have a slide lock (simple thumb screw) allowing full adjustment.

Fit Std & Wide.jpg
Adj Screw.jpg

They are very cleaver. I usually have my games pushed right back against the wall. Will they still work on the back legs which are very close to a wall? From the video looks like you need a little gap for the wheels to go back before they slide in.

Back
Top Bottom