What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinball missing error

JeffFunhouse

Registered
HI - I have been reading through the posts regarding this error. I have a Funhouse machine and cannot seem to figure this out. I have checked the board connector - however mine does not have anything connector "J209" only "J208" i have seated and re-seated this connector. I have checked the switches with the test - and they all seem to register. I will admit electronics is not my cup of tea - Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am getting ready to sell this machine.
Thank You Very Much!

Pinball missing means the machine thinks one of the ball trough switches isn't being triggered. Check the switch in the menu if you know the number of balls is correct.

Pinball missing means the machine thinks one of the ball trough switches isn't being triggered. Check the switch in the menu if you know the number of balls is correct.
I have rolled the ball over the switches and they all register in the tea. I have all three balls in the machine - will check one more time though. it seems all three trough switches are working as they show up in the switch test.
Thanks for your help!!!

You say you have rolled the balls over the trough switches. Have you checked that all three switches are registering closed when the three balls are sat in the trough ?

You say you have rolled the balls over the trough switches. Have you checked that all three switches are registering closed when the three balls are sat in the trough ?
I am not really sure how it is supposed to be at atartup - so i will try and describe it carefully - hope it makes sense. I tested to see if the switches are open or closed using the - TEST - T# feature . The right trough SW 63 - comes up open without a ball in it. I put a ball in it and it came up "(A) closed". The left trough SW 72 - comes up as "Open" but there is not a ball over that in the middle of the trough (under the metal guide - Which this guide is cracked and moves - but i do no think this is the problem.). The outhole SW73 - comes up as "(A) closed" and I have the two balls in that position - hope this makes sense - Thanks Again!

No. That makes no sense. Put three balls in the trough, exclude the outhouse. Then go to switch level test. You should get all three trough switches showing closed.

No. That makes no sense. Put three balls in the trough, exclude the outhouse. Then go to switch level test. You should get all three trough switches showing closed.
Ok - Sorry - never had that cover off before. I now have all three balls in the trough. I get closed statuses for Switches 63, 72, 74 Rt. Lt. and center trough.

That is correct.
You haven't got any other switches showing as closed that shouldn't be have you ?

I don't own a Funhouse so I'm not the best person to tell you the state of the switches when you start a game.

I don't own a Funhouse so I'm not the best person to tell you the state of the switches when you start a game.
Ok - I just ran the T2 test - Switch Levels. The following switches were also closed besides the trough switches. Trap Door - 76, Always open 24, Dummy Jaw 51, Step Sup Dog 55 - Thanks for your help!

This is where you need someone else with a Funhouse to check their game.

That all sounds correct. When you press the start button and it says pinbAll missing, does it do a ball search? Ie fire off all the solenoids one after another?

If not, try a solenoid test and see if they are all working.

That all sounds correct. When you press the start button and it says pinbAll missing, does it do a ball search? Ie fire off all the solenoids one after another?

If not, try a solenoid test and see if they are all working.
no - it does not search for the ball. I thought that was odd. When i run the solenoid test nothing happens.

Make sure you have the coin door interlock switches pressed while performing the solenoid test or nothing will happen.

Not present in funhouse. You have no power for solenoids. Check fuses on rhs of power driver board.

Not present in funhouse. You have no power for solenoids. Check fuses on rhs of power driver board.
Yes - I should have mentioned that the fuse F112 - Secondary Solenoids was blown the other day. I thought I replaced it but when i looked at it closer it was blown. As soon as i Turn the power on to the machine it blew again. Can you tell me what to do next? Really appreciate the help!!!

Then most likely the bridge rectifier for the solenoids has gone short circuit. You can prove it by removing fuses f101-105 which are the output fuses and if a new fuse at 112 blows then there is a short on BR2. Needs to be replaced , or sent off (to me if you like ) for repair.

Then most likely the bridge rectifier for the solenoids has gone short circuit. You can prove it by removing fuses f101-105 which are the output fuses and if a new fuse at 112 blows then there is a short on BR2. Needs to be replaced , or sent off (to me if you like ) for repair.
cool - i will try that in a minute - how much is the repair? is this a hard part to find?

Had this problem.
Missing pinballs. Turned out to be a fuse that i replaced and it popped again.
Was a short circuit. I checked all soldered joints and soon found that a solder had come loose and the wire had fallen onto another solder it shouldn't of been touching. Resoldered and it was fine.
No expert with electrics but i can usually fault find from just poking around alittle.:)

I changed the bridge rectifier's and now get a "Check Fuse 114 and 115" It seems they are good but i will test them - any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom