What's new

Pinball machine heat output

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Anyone know anything on what heat pinball machines put out?

I could make a guess based upon power consumption but if anyone has anything on this in BTU's I'd appreciate it.

Probably some different power usage profiles:

starting with Pre 90's (early SS, and then EM) which I don't have any so less worried about that! :D

1: 1990-2006 - BW Data East, Sega and then early sterns - I have some of these but have done LED and colorDMD on them all
2: Then the above with LEDs installed and colour DMD (which would apply to me).
3: 2006-2013: evolution of the above different transformers/power supply and simpler board sets? - these with LEDs and color DMD installed.
4: 2014-> New sterns, JJP etc. bigger LCD screens, all LED, modular board design, PC architecture based.

I'm assuming colorDMD and LEDs reduce power by atleast 50-100Ws? and if you go with 1 or 2 SMD led's then heat reduction would apply also.

Specing my A/C and want to make sure that it will cool all the machines and people.

Cheers,
Neil.

A man of your means neil I'm sure you could employ some bloke with a giant ostrich feather to fan the room. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind, lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I worked mine out based upon if the place had 4 people in, south facing, and a couple of computers/printers just in case...

http://www.dry-it-out.com/cooling-calculator

Remember with Aircon it is better/more efficient to slightly overwork than underwork... And remember Heating and cooling split DC inverter units are the most efficient..

A man of your means neil I'm sure you could employ some bloke with a giant ostrich feather to fan the room. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind, lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'll price that up! Lol

Back
Top Bottom