What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball machine heat output

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Anyone know anything on what heat pinball machines put out?

I could make a guess based upon power consumption but if anyone has anything on this in BTU's I'd appreciate it.

Probably some different power usage profiles:

starting with Pre 90's (early SS, and then EM) which I don't have any so less worried about that! :D

1: 1990-2006 - BW Data East, Sega and then early sterns - I have some of these but have done LED and colorDMD on them all
2: Then the above with LEDs installed and colour DMD (which would apply to me).
3: 2006-2013: evolution of the above different transformers/power supply and simpler board sets? - these with LEDs and color DMD installed.
4: 2014-> New sterns, JJP etc. bigger LCD screens, all LED, modular board design, PC architecture based.

I'm assuming colorDMD and LEDs reduce power by atleast 50-100Ws? and if you go with 1 or 2 SMD led's then heat reduction would apply also.

Specing my A/C and want to make sure that it will cool all the machines and people.

Cheers,
Neil.

A man of your means neil I'm sure you could employ some bloke with a giant ostrich feather to fan the room. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind, lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I worked mine out based upon if the place had 4 people in, south facing, and a couple of computers/printers just in case...

http://www.dry-it-out.com/cooling-calculator

Remember with Aircon it is better/more efficient to slightly overwork than underwork... And remember Heating and cooling split DC inverter units are the most efficient..

A man of your means neil I'm sure you could employ some bloke with a giant ostrich feather to fan the room. I'm sure your wife wouldn't mind, lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I'll price that up! Lol

Back
Top Bottom