What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Pinball insurance

Darthsinex

Site Supporter
Not sure if this is the right place to post. Martin mentioned on his last visit that someone on here once set up a special pinball machine insurance? I'm in need of such a thing, but as time has passed I can't find reference to it. Can anyone let her know if this still exists and how to go about getting dedicated insurance for pinball collections?

I rang up my home insurance company and just sorted it through them they were fine with it, have you checked if it's covered on that?

I got it sorted for mine, which are at my office. Happy to supply info if need be.

What kind of cost per machine is it? My insurance company seemed reasonably perplexed by the whole question when trying to add it to home insurance.

My insurance with Esure I have to specify individual items over £1500, so my WOZ and Metallica totalling £17350 cost me £70 last year. I didn't bother with my Flintstones as that is less than £1500 so should be covered under normal household goods.

Seems a bit pricey but insurance is something you don't need until you need it.

Is that just for "valuables" though?
Pins are not "valuables".
I don't think so as that would most likely come under High Risk Items which is listed on my insurance separately.

It is a very specific "Specified items - Individual items worth £1,500 or more and pedal cycles worth more than £500."

Most contents insurers (I can definitely speak for the Post Office anyway) just treat them as furniture if individually valued under £5K.

I have 16 pins here and they are covered for £100,000. They are itemised. Being realistic, theft is not out of the question but difficult, we're not prone to flooding (although we have an office leak of water right now, but not in my pin room) so that likely leaves fire god forbid. The cost is to replace them, I'm not sure how or when that could likely be done with so much work, extras on all of them, but I sleep easier knowing they are insured at least.

Got mine on my house insurance with Marks n Spencer. Also covered if i take em to a show. Al though i am not looking forward to the day i test that out...

I have 16 pins here and they are covered for £100,000. They are itemised. Being realistic, theft is not out of the question but difficult, we're not prone to flooding (although we have an office leak of water right now, but not in my pin room) so that likely leaves fire god forbid. The cost is to replace them, I'm not sure how or when that could likely be done with so much work, extras on all of them, but I sleep easier knowing they are insured at least.

Do not say it will never happen. I had a customer many years ago near Evesham and his garage flooded - he had a ferrari and that was ruined. His pinballs all got flooded about half way up the cabinets. Had to get them professionally 'dried out' and dehumidified and then redecalled a few months later. Took about a year to get the whole job done.

Was amazing to see that damage was caused by a brook at the end of the garden.

His cars and pinballs were only a small part of the claim.

Also have seen machines ruined by pipes leaking and once seen one totally knackered due to a major power surge from someone having overhead mains (that wasnt an insurance job - the electricity board payed for that).

Most sub £1500 items are covered without naming things individually but if you have high end machines - it doesnt cost that much to have piece of mind.

Not sure how they would be covered if you lent your game out and it was damaged/stolen on loan or in transit.... that is another thing to look at.

Back
Top Bottom