What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinball in the orlando area

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Was in Orlando for a few weeks and tried to check out a few pinball places.

First up, The Pinball Lounge, which is about an hours drive north east of Orlando and part of a bowling alley. The guy who runs it was really helpful, they had a competition night on so it was quite busy and initially limited us to play only certain machines. They had around 25 machines ranging from an Evel Knievel, RFM, TW, IJ, Aerosmith and Batman and a bunch of others. Machines were in decent shape although the toy box on aerosmith was broken and the game unplayable.

Second, the arcade at the contemporary resort disneyland. 4 machines, all in a right ****ty state, none of them had working GI and the light was low this making it really hard to play:
POTC, Tron and Avengers. The avengers had issues all over it. The POTC was ok but no light made it hard to play. Tron was playable because it sat under a light.

Third, Disney Quest at Disney Springs - about 6 machines, Torn, Rolling Stones, Transformers LE, Xmen, Avengers LE, Ironman. All of them had some sort of brokenness, GI hosed on them all, the xmen had some tape botch on the play field. None of them really playable. Transformers plungers was hosed so you had to wait for it to auto plunge. Some nice machines in a right poor state.

Some pics
Disney quest

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_5fbd28f41563a881e01d5d1e71a3b9e8.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_ac461fbbb015b559a27ecd66c60d7575.jpg

Disney contemporary resort

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_6720a5bf11bee6a72a1aaa23d5746f4b.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_6e0275ccf1a14fbeea3c56017d00b955.jpg

Pinball lounge
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_f8c38b7405d2a8eb3d9256b70647c17a.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170512_4e2c8b6439a21414b26e7a950c2faa95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really annoying when a multi billion dollar conglomerate like Disney can't be ****d to employ a pin monkey to look after their games. There must be about 50 games spread throughout Disneyworld and I bet less than 10% are problem free.

Either have fully working games or don't bother having any at all. Half working, dirty games benefits nobody. :mad:

I believe the hotel I am going to in July has an Avatar. Hopefully with it being Disney's smallest hotel it might at least be playable.

Last edited:
Actually there was avatar in quest that was playable

Actually there was avatar in quest that was playable

Disney Quest will be closed when we go. Turning it into a netball attraction or something.

Good job I have bought an Avatar in the meanwhile. :clap:

Every pinball I have seen so far at Disney World has been shagged. Poor show Walt. Eitherhave working games or don't bother.

On the plus side Pandora at Animal Kingdom is stunning.

Every pinball I have seen so far at Disney World has been shagged. Poor show Walt. Eitherhave working games or don't bother.

It does look awesome but I've heard the the avatar boat ride is abit poo even tho it looks really good

Orlando just sucks for pinball unfortunately !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in Orlando every year. This year I'm staying at Rosen Inn on I-Drive as it has an Avengers and a Walking Dead in their games room. The room is clean and everything in perfect condition!

Last year I stayed over the road at the Enclave Suites. They had a beat up Pirates of the Caribbean.

Fun spot has a KISS table.

Mixing these with some vids at the same hotels, Operation Wolf at Congo River Golf, and some time in Dave & Busters and I get myself a half decent arcade crawl on i-drive. Start at fun spot, make yer way to Dave & Busters where you can grab a bite to eat via Congo River Golf, the two aforementioned hotels, and McDonalds.

Those two hotels have machines set to take tokens. The tokens look different but both will work in both hotels. Because you'd struggle to spend much at the Enclave!

Loads of newer games at places like the Loews Royal Pacific Resort, McDonalds, and some pizza places but no other pins other than the four I'm aware of in the area.

Would love to expand on this arcade crawl if anyone knows what some hotels have etc!!

EDIT - Enclave used to have CV. I was gutted to find a ****ty POTC there instead :(

You must be looking hard guys I'm here at the moment and not seen one pin!!! I must confess I've been a little busy going on the rides though and for some reason my girls don't want to spend any time going on the search for a pin :(

Avatar is amazing so is the new ride at Universal, Jimmy Fallon. On the down side they've been shutting Volcano Bay by 11 as it's been too full:eek:

Not wrong! When I was there a few weeks ago, staying in Port Orleans Riverside I was overjoyed to see....
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170731_4483e4a62384468926588057901d85e7.jpg

However....

Avengers - left flipper completely dead
Tron - both flippers weak and couldn't make any shots
POTC - ship not working
Indy - Trough fault (well known one!), where the ball trough kept kicking out balls

There was lots of interest in them, and reported the problems, however they didn't seem interested in fixing them...

It does look awesome but I've heard the the avatar boat ride is abit poo even tho it looks really good

Boat ride crap other than the guy at the end which was awesome. Flight ride was awesome tho. It broke first time around, so got a second go!

Pandora itself was awesome tho - also SO much better in the dark!!!

Boat ride crap other than the guy at the end which was awesome. Flight ride was awesome tho. It broke first time around, so got a second go!

Pandora itself was awesome tho - also SO much better in the dark!!!

That animatronic at the end is meant to be Disney's most advanced one yet

Back
Top Bottom