What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in motorway service stations?

Rog69

Registered
I stopped off at Stafford services southbound on the M6 on Thursday and was surprised to see a Stern Wrestlemania just inside the door. I was wondering if this is a growing trend, if maybe the operator involved is maybe installing pins in other service station arcades?

Anyone spotted any others?

I stopped off at Stafford services southbound on the M6 on Thursday and was surprised to see a Stern Wrestlemania just inside the door. I was wondering if this is a growing trend, if maybe the operator involved is maybe installing pins in other service station arcades?

Anyone spotted any others?
Let's hope that Wrestlemanias in anywhere isn't a growing trend. I may well be a Stern tart these days but that game is horrendous.
Great to see pinballs in the wild but I doubt anybody playing that game will get hooked.

You are not wrong, I sunk £3 quid into the game and it isn't great.

At the same time though I was happy to support it out in the wild by playing it and would still drop a quid in there next time I am passing.

Let's hope that Wrestlemanias in anywhere isn't a growing trend. I may well be a Stern tart these days but that game is horrendous.
Great to see pinballs in the wild but I doubt anybody playing that game will get hooked.
I was about to post the same :D. Nice to see pins anywhere in the wild though, I always glance hopefully into those mini arcades in motorway services, 90% of the time its just fruit machines though, sometimes a few drivers like sega rally. I've never seen a pin though.

I was about to post the same :D. Nice to see pins anywhere in the wild though, I always glance hopefully into those mini arcades in motorway services, 90% of the time its just fruit machines though, sometimes a few drivers like sega rally. I've never seen a pin though.
Yea I always check in those too, always just fruit machines as you say. Fruit machines suck :(

You used to see pins in service stations. Just like you used to see them in regular arcades :-(

I used to work as service engineer for the operator that did all the Welcome Break service stations back in the mid 90's (Paymaster) and we had quite a few installed back then.

I still always look whenever I stop to see what is in the arcades but this is the first time in years I have seen anything other than gambling machines or kiddie rides.

I played on it a few weeks ago, very surprised to see it in there tbh. I also put £3 in and was disappointed with it, it wasn't new £1 ready either.

I wonder how many Wrestlemania's are actually in the UK. I've only seen 1. I doubt there is more than 4 or 5 total.

Anyway back on topic, @I TiltAlot I think mentioned a No Good Gofers in a cafe/service station a while ago that was available to play somewhere.

I wonder how many Wrestlemania's are actually in the UK. I've only seen 1. I doubt there is more than 4 or 5 total.

Anyway back on topic, @I TiltAlot I think mentioned a No Good Gofers in a cafe/service station a while ago that was available to play somewhere.

It was at the Red Lodge transport cafe on the A11 near Newmarket. As shown in this thread: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/ngg-50p-for-2-credits.30608/#post-137651

It was still there when I last visited the cafe a few months back.

I understand that a full container of Pros came over (and was sold) so 20+ unbelievably

I'm a little impressed by that I gotta admit. I guess hardcore wrestling fans and some locations?

I'm not sure any went to homes, don't think PH sold any, I think they're in bowling alleys and on caravan sites etc. I found one in Stoke On Trent last year so they are out there

So, am I right in thinking Wrestlemania is £2 for 3 goes?

I suppose if they give me £2 I will try and get through 3 games......

One of THE worst games ever:p

Such a shame, it had potential but the ring toy got really old really fast and with the code being as meh as it was it just didn't have the legs to get there as a great game.

I'm sure there are a few WWE fans out there very happy with it though, and I think the LE club might be the most exclusive one ever seeing as Stern didn't even make all the LE's they said they were going to as that whole debacle with Hulk Hogan kinda ruined it.

Back
Top Bottom