What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Expo 2013

teachp8

Registered
Okay UK pinheads - I'll try and keep this updated from Chicago.

First things first - Stern factory tour. Very busy factory and lots going on. Current machines on assembly line were ACDC Premium (still), Metallica and Star Trek. We then had a preview of the Star Trek LE - my goodness it's a thing of beauty! I congratulated Steve on his latest game and he said he can't wait for people to play it - by all accounts it's not quite ready yet.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_avu7yzys.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_e7ymymub.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_vy7ybu8e.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_bupyde4u.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_7azuhygy.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_esyqyvys.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_7yda8ury.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_y2uqu6e5.jpgimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_18_7a8eteza.jpg

John Trudeau's game is the next out of Stern - probably Jan/Feb. No clues as to what it might be though. He did suggest that, like Congo, there will be multiple outcomes from each shot. He said the pro will be a great game in its own right!

John Trudeau's game is the next out of Stern - probably Jan/Feb. No clues as to what it might be though. He did suggest that, like Congo, there will be multiple outcomes from each shot. He said the pro will be a great game in its own right!

Really looking forward to John's first game, Hope they have just let him loose and not held him back.

Really looking forward to John's first game, Hope they have just let him loose and not held him back.

He did say that he had to get used to working to a budget which was something he was not used to at all. John said his way of working was to throw everything and the kitchen sink at it and then pare back to meet the budget. He sounded stoked about the white wood he has developed though but I don't think they've let him loose by the sounds of things!

I think there may be some of those glow balls in the Exhibition hall later. I'll post prices on here if that's the case. I'm happy to bring some back (as long as it's not going to fill the suitcase of course!)

wtf are they Mark, are they properly weighty like metal balls covered in some skin, or are they light things like powerballs?
let us know if they look ok (cos personally in the vid i thought they looked awful) and keep up the reports and pictures.

who else is there with you, Martin? is there a tourney? are you both entered? will it be on live PAPA TV?

wtf are they Mark, are they properly weighty like metal balls covered in some skin, or are they light things like powerballs?
let us know if they look ok (cos personally in the vid i thought they looked awful) and keep up the reports and pictures.

who else is there with you, Martin? is there a tourney? are you both entered? will it be on live PAPA TV?

No idea what they're like - only seem the vid. Once the Exhibition Hall opens I'll let you know.

Martin's here and a couple of other Brits too. Qualifying for tourney has begun but I haven't played any yet!

ColorDMD news - a few WPC games in the pipeline. Sigma 2.2 is on the way now so you can have LOTR, Metallica etc in a colour, but not coloured like AFM at the mo. Mounting brackets for Stern will come in the new year. They look cool! There's a Spidey here with the Sigma 2.2 apparently. Will get video.

Heighway Pinball - loads of work on hardware already and things are looking very good. Very interesting use of inductive switches. Production due to start Jan 6th. with a four month production cycle. Apparently up to six other games at various stages of development.

Thank god I'm not the only one! I love pimping my machines up and mine are up to the hilt with LEDs but I think these balls look just plain daft!.

Nice updates mate, be interesting to see the video of the ColorDMD on SM. Have you seen Predator yet?

And the reason I haven't tracked it down... it's not here! I think the guys are speaking tomorrow though so will update then.

Great stuff dude....

Please please get as much predator footage pics etc as possible without getting thrown out :)

Will

Thanks for the updates Mark. Predator is certainly on my lists of interests. Are CPR there? Can you tap them up about which playfields they are going to do next?

He did say that he had to get used to working to a budget which was something he was not used to at all. John said his way of working was to throw everything and the kitchen sink at it and then pare back to meet the budget. He sounded stoked about the white wood he has developed though but I don't think they've let him loose by the sounds of things!

That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard and even more reason for people to hope JJP becomes a successful long term company

OOOOOOH.
Spidy in video, can't wait.
Great picture on Pinball News of you Mark, stood outside the Stern factory in the rain.
Keep the info coming.

That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard and even more reason for people to hope JJP becomes a successful long term company

Jeez, that's a bit over dramatical isn't it? One of the saddest things you have EVER heard?

Even JJP works to a budget, let's have a pop at him for rising prices of WOZ AGAIN, yours will turn out to be a bargain because by the time production finishes in 2018 they will be $14k at the rate he's going.

Jeez, that's a bit over dramatical isn't it? One of the saddest things you have EVER heard?

Even JJP works to a budget, let's have a pop at him for rising prices of WOZ AGAIN, yours will turn out to be a bargain because by the time production finishes in 2018 they will be $14k at the rate he's going.

Remind me how much Star Trek LE is again? And what you get for that money?

$8795!

That includes no LCD, no wifi, no real mechanical toys, no pinnovators board, no stereo sound, no clear coated decals, no invisiglass .....

It's basically a pro with lipstick on

This isn't a Woz v Star Trek debate anyway. It's a JJP v Stern debate. If you try to tell me you get more for your money with Stern then you are lying. You also have a 2/1 shot that your software won't ever get finished, or if it does it was done by the programmer in his spare time for free.

$8795!

That includes no LCD, no wifi, no real mechanical toys, no pinnovators board, no stereo sound, no clear coated decals, no invisiglass .....

It's basically a pro with lipstick on

This isn't a Woz v Star Trek debate anyway. It's a JJP v Stern debate. If you try to tell me you get more for your money with Stern then you are lying. You also have a 2/1 shot that your software won't ever get finished, or if it does it was done by the programmer in his spare time for free.

Yes but Star Trek will be a panty dropper whereas Woz isn't :D :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom