What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at the Hall...

DrPinball

Registered
I'm running a pinball evening at my local village hall...

28th September, 7.30pm
Appleton Thorn Village Hall, Stretton Road, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4RT

5 machines:
Twilight Zone
Addams Family
Getaway
Baywatch
Jokerz

The hall has a bar serving loads of real ale, and apparently there's a high score prize!

Machines on 50p per play with all monies going to charity.

Hope to see some of you there!

David.

That's a fantastic lineup for a wonderful idea, if I lived within 100 miles I'd be sure to support it.

You are gonna expose a load of peeps to pinball for the first time in ages, and hopefully a load of kids will come and be blown away and addicted to it: pinball knocks any of their daft console games into a cocked hat, as its physical, there's an actual ball that you can see and feel and control (maybe not control) and there's an awesome lightshow and loud noises and talking and it's all just so immersive.

Top marks to you dude. Hope you advertise it absolutely everywhere, in shops and supermarkets and local radio and local paper and on lamp posts and flyers through doors and at schools and colleges and at you and your mates' work places and on a sign on your car etc etc etc

I'm getting all carried away. Two thumbs up

I have just put this event on our FaceBook page Dave, hopefully we can round up some pinheads, we could even have a mini comp between us...

Hi

Just a reminder that the Pinball at the Hall is this weekend, Saturday evening from 7.30. I'f you're in the area drop in for a few games, a chat and some refreshments!

All of the DMD machines will be showing the DMD Extender in use, 3 with a Personal DMD system and the Baywatch competition machine using a large TV - it should look great. Prizes for the highest score on the night - trophy and NLP tickets.

David.

Apparently the pool table takes 50p so they always have plenty of change in!

Shame I can't make it but good luck and I will look forward to the next one.

Setup complete... just need some players!

Attachments

• 20130928_142933.jpg
    20130928_142933.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20130928_164635.jpg
    20130928_164635.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 24
  • 20130928_164642.jpg
    20130928_164642.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 23
20130928_232251.jpg@RGV with the winning score and trophy - he also liked the honey coated sausages!

Still waiting to see how much we raised. but I'm hopeful it'll be about £150 from 5 machines for about 5 hours of play!

I would like to encourage more people to do more events like this. Apart the physical effort of moving the machines the evening was absolutely brilliant. I saw so many people hopping around getting really excited, massive cheers when someone got a feature or achieved a high score - it's just what pinball is about.

Thanks again to @Mooseman for kindly transporting and lending his Jokerz - he couldn't attend either due to the strict policy on kids for the evening (which will definitely change for next time, although I did see a couple of kids in the room at one point :confused:).

Below is a quick video of the setup and people playing - there were about 60 in the room at the busiest point...

View attachment 3597@RGV with the winning score and trophy - he also liked the honey coated sausages!

Still waiting to see how much we raised. but I'm hopeful it'll be about £150 from 5 machines for about 5 hours of play!

I would like to encourage more people to do more events like this. Apart the physical effort of moving the machines the evening was absolutely brilliant. I saw so many people hopping around getting really excited, massive cheers when someone got a feature or achieved a high score - it's just what pinball is about.

Thanks again to @Mooseman for kindly transporting and lending his Jokerz - he couldn't attend either due to the strict policy on kids for the evening (which will definitely change for next time, although I did see a couple of kids in the room at one point :confused:).

Below is a quick video of the setup and people playing - there were about 60 in the room at the busiest point...

I think its the first and last time You'll see people queuing all night to play Baywatch when there's also an Addams Family and Twilight Zone in the room :)

Was a fun night mate and like you say the atmosphere was great. Thanks for having me over.

Rog

P.S. Those sausages were AWESOME!

Looked a great event David, nice one. Sorry I couldn't be there but will hopefully be free next time you have one organised.

Ditto that 'next time' you've probably heard from a lot of people. Just really unfortunate scheduling. Looks like it was plenty busy though!

And well done to Rog!

Back
Top Bottom