What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin2dmd issue

I don't know what the setting is called in the menu, but I would guess this is because you have got . as a numeric separator and not , - find that setting on the game and change it.

EDIT: To be clear, this is a game setting, not a display setting.

You should have 2 files on your SD card Kev. fsq and pal - I assume they are both there and with the correct name (pin2dmd)... so pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal - they most likely are, otherwise you'd see quite a few problems not just a couple. Let's see what advice Martin has.
yes they are mate, and both of them are the new ones Martin has sent me today - and obviously called pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal - it does make me wonder if its a pin2dmd setting somewhere?

I don't know what the setting is called in the menu, but I would guess this is because you have got . as a numeric separator and not , - find that setting on the game and change it.

EDIT: To be clear, this is a game setting, not a display setting.
what? are you saying difference between . and , will make a difference to the colours ???

Yes, it will make a difference to the masks that are used to detect scenes, especially the graveyard sequence - there is so much movement in that scene, one of the few things you can always rely on being there is the position of the score.

I am not making this up, (I think) I am regarded as a fairly competent PIN2DMD artist.

Yes, it will make a difference to the masks that are used to detect scenes, especially the graveyard sequence - there is so much movement in that scene, one of the few things you can always rely on being there is the position of the score.

I am not making this up, (I think) I am regarded as a fairly competent PIN2DMD artist.
Very good spot! And yes you are a very good PIN2DMD Artist - I miss my HS2 with your handy work!

Cool man - thanks for that, but found the change needed(euro scr format is the option) and it made no difference :(

Cheers

kev

Make sure to delete all other files on the sd card, especially when there is a .dat file get rid of it. Another solution could be to restore the display factory defaults via the onscreen menu and save. Some sd-cards are too slow or too big to handle the data the right way. It could help to try another sd-card to be sure it´s not caused by it.

Please keep me posted.

Last edited:
Make sure to delete all other files on the sd card, especially when there is a .dat file get rid of it. Another solution could be to restore the display factory defaults via the onscreen menu and save. Some sd-cards are too slow or too big to handle the data the right way. It could help to try another sd-card to be sure it´s not caused by it.

Please keep me posted.
thanks for the input again. the SD card is a 16gb kingston so good quality and i use these in my other pin2dmd's but i will try another.

one weird thing i have noticed is on boot up i get the normal pin2dmd screen as shown below then just before the display runs it changes to a yellow hue see below - couild this be the issue. also if i got into display test mode on the actual pin coindoor buttons it runs with yellow dots not white like my others do in test mode ????

so screen at power on
IMG_3568.JPG

and screen a second later....

IMG_3571.JPG

for info I have tried another brand new pin2dmd display and I have the same issues with the colours - note this was with the 1.18 TAF original colorisation files I bought from Martin(as new code tied to display UID)

so doesnt look like its a display issue.

Does anyone have a video of a TAF running martins latest code 2.23 I could look at please ?

any help appreciated!

Cheers

kev

@-NetzZwerg-

for info I have tried another brand new pin2dmd display and I have the same issues with the colours - note this was with the 1.18 TAF original colorisation files I bought from Martin(as new code tied to display UID)

so doesnt look like its a display issue.

Does anyone have a video of a TAF running martins latest code 2.23 I could look at please ?

any help appreciated!

Cheers

kev

@-NetzZwerg-
It may not be relevant but when I had colour issues with my creech it was a new game rom that fixed it.

Gold roms @#$%€×"÷£₩ that's what I think of gold roms. Why spoil one of the best games ever made.

@newdos Possibly it can also be a region dip switch issue, best set this to US. The color file should work with all rom versions, issues only could happen on differences in the dmd appearance. I added all gold rom content so depending on the original output the scenes get colorized. I think in this case it is a hardware setting that differs from most of the users since I never had a report like that. I am happy to help, but am sadly limited due to my lack of knowledge about hardware.

I've been following with Martin, but I think we need a video or more screenshots of exactly what you had shown on the old firmware and version of files to compare.

one weird thing i have noticed is on boot up i get the normal pin2dmd screen as shown below then just before the display runs it changes to a yellow hue see below - couild this be the issue. also if i got into display test mode on the actual pin coindoor buttons it runs with yellow dots not white like my others do in test mode ????

This is the loading of the palette. This will happen before it loads into displaying the game. This is normal.

The rom, country/dip settings, game settings and a bunch of other stuff can affect this for sure, but we will need a clear indication of what you believe to be the wrong colours so we can compare on our machines and advise.

If you could take a quick video or some screenshots that would be great. Please take ones that are still wrong compared to before you updated the firmware and changed the RGB sequence as well as anything else you think is wrong. Comparing screenshots of videos to an actual source can vary a lot so it will be hard to tell that way.

I have access to all of Martins files and rom versions on hand ready to test, but this can take some time without specifics, so please let us know when you can and I will confirm for you.

Thanks.

I've been following with Martin, but I think we need a video or more screenshots of exactly what you had shown on the old firmware and version of files to compare.

This is the loading of the palette. This will happen before it loads into displaying the game. This is normal.

The rom, country/dip settings, game settings and a bunch of other stuff can affect this for sure, but we will need a clear indication of what you believe to be the wrong colours so we can compare on our machines and advise.

If you could take a quick video or some screenshots that would be great. Please take ones that are still wrong compared to before you updated the firmware and changed the RGB sequence as well as anything else you think is wrong. Comparing screenshots of videos to an actual source can vary a lot so it will be hard to tell that way.

I have access to all of Martins files and rom versions on hand ready to test, but this can take some time without specifics, so please let us know when you can and I will confirm for you.

Thanks.
Ok so heres a vid of in play taf with pin2dmd and Martins latest files. The ones that dont seem to match to ma is the graveyard value when pops hit and the trainwreck colours.

let me know what you think - you may just tell thats how its now supposed to be which is fine.

link to you tube here

Cheers

kev

Ok so heres a vid of in play taf with pin2dmd and Martins latest files. The ones that dont seem to match to ma is the graveyard value when pops hit and the trainwreck colours.

let me know what you think - you may just tell thats how its now supposed to be which is fine.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the video and information. Will have a look now for you.

Thanks

On first run through just comparing to Martins 2.0 video and also your screenshots of what you had previously to now, It looks like everything is correct.

Going by screenshots of videos or even videos shot with different lighting etc, it can be hard to compare 100%, but so far it looks like what you have from your video matches up for the graveyard value and the train wreck. I will continue to compare the others but the video is still processing and the quality is still very low.

With the help of everyone previously in the thread it seems you have updated and fixed your issues for these particular scenes (and hopefully all), but I will double check on real hardware and also let Martin confirm for you too.

Thanks

@newdos Now it looks like it should in the video. Would be interesting to know what you did to fix it in detail.

Best regards

At the bare minimum:

Change RGB Sequence to the correct one to match Pin2DMD logo correctly.
Update firmware to latest
Update colour file to latest
Reset Pin2DMD if needed but without the other issues sorted you would still have issues.

All these were mentioned by others previously in the thread that helped Kev get it fixed.

On first run through just comparing to Martins 2.0 video and also your screenshots of what you had previously to now, It looks like everything is correct.

Going by screenshots of videos or even videos shot with different lighting etc, it can be hard to compare 100%, but so far it looks like what you have from your video matches up for the graveyard value and the train wreck. I will continue to compare the others but the video is still processing and the quality is still very low.

With the help of everyone previously in the thread it seems you have updated and fixed your issues for these particular scenes (and hopefully all), but I will double check on real hardware and also let Martin confirm for you too.

Thanks
4k is now available

cheers

kev

Back
Top Bottom