What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PIN2DMD - firmware upgrade what upd file

crsedgar

Site Supporter
To run the BSD colourisation files by REDRUM I need to upgrade my firmware from v3.15 to the latest v4.51

I have one of the early boards from Pinballsp (see attachment) purchased in 2017.

Rather than screw up my device would someone be able to verify if I should download this upd file from the following source folder, please.

Many thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20230816_081451.jpg
    IMG_20230816_081451.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 10
I also would not update a pin2dmd firmware if it is working properly. I still prefer the older v3.xx version to the new one that requires different files to the ones I have already paid for !

Unless it's from an artist/game not on the scene anymore, I'm pretty sure they would honour any original payment if you go back for the latest files. If you have changed email address or something then it might get more complicated/might need to prove you paid the first time, but I'm not aware of anyone recharging for their files.

V4 added 64 colour amongst other things and while projects don't have to use all the 64 colours available, the increase in palette space made things muuuuch easier in terms of reducing ghosting and stuff and dynamic score based scenes; if there are updated projects available then they may be worth getting, even if they aren't explicitly going to a 64 colour version.

Back
Top Bottom