What's new

pin2dmd - colourisation files for Sega Merry Shelly Frankenstein

I've actually only ever seen the machine blue / white, it's green text for the ball number, but no other colours. I suppose the million dollar question is it a fault a setting or supposed to be like this?

I suspect one of the first two

I went to bed mate sorry 😂

It could be color pallette by design. Have a dig on YouTube and check what it looks like.

Remember it's no ColorDMD. Some pallettes are crap

I went to bed mate sorry 😂

It could be color pallette by design. Have a dig on YouTube and check what it looks like.

Remember it's no ColorDMD. Some pallettes are crap
No worries I will pass this on, I'm used to colordmd 😃

As PIN2DMD projects go those files are very small, suggesting a majority of the scenes are not coloured and/or keyframed. Looking at the project files and knowing nothing about the game itself, it looks like there are a handful of scenes coloured and maybe some attract screens, but there are not a lot of keyframes to go with them so I suspect some will not trigger when expected, if at all. Furthermore there is a lot of uses of "color mask" mode which will likely suffer from colour bleeding when activated.

If your main score looks something like this, then the files are working as intended:

1665841540976.png

I think you said the ball count was green - it should be blue, which might suggest the RGB palette sequence order is wrong (see above post from Banzaipinball)

As PIN2DMD projects go those files are very small, suggesting a majority of the scenes are not coloured and/or keyframed. Looking at the project files and knowing nothing about the game itself, it looks like there are a handful of scenes coloured and maybe some attract screens, but there are not a lot of keyframes to go with them so I suspect some will not trigger when expected, if at all. Furthermore there is a lot of uses of "color mask" mode which will likely suffer from colour bleeding when activated.

If your main score looks something like this, then the files are working as intended:

View attachment 183800

I think you said the ball count was green - it should be blue, which might suggest the RGB palette sequence order is wrong (see above post from Banzaipinball)
Thanks

Turns out the publicly available files are tasters, if you email via Google drive on the last link in the thread access can be granted for 20 euros.

Thanks for all your help, it was very useful in pointing me in the right direction.

Turns out the publicly available files are tasters, if you email via Google drive on the last link in the thread access can be granted for 20 euros.

Thanks for all your help, it was very useful in pointing me in the right direction.
Hi am I being dumb would you be able to please send me the link if possible as my life’s must be tasters to many thanks

Last edited:
Hi am I being dumb would you be able to please send me the link if possible as my life’s must be tasters to many thanks
No not at all:

You need to do two things post on the thread first:

Then click link below and type a message in the box

You will need to create an account.

Then:

With a message asking for access as your looking to use.

He will then reply.

You will need some sort of I'd from the pin2dmd.

No not at all:

You need to do two things post on the thread first:

Then click link below and type a message in the box

You will need to create an account.

Then:

With a message asking for access as your looking to use.

He will then reply.

You will need some sort of I'd from the pin2dmd.
Thank you very much I will give it a go

Thank you very much I will give it a go
It cost 20 euros which you pay to him via the PayPal. You will need some sort or number of the pin2dmd display for him to register and be able to send you the file

You'll need the Device UID. It's one of the options in the pin2dmd menu.
If you hold button 2 then press the reset button you should get into the config menu. Then use button 1 to cycle through with button 1 being the select button.

hi guys i am a new member of pinball info i also own a mary shelleys frankenstein pinball recently installed a pin2dmd display but only has limited colours.
ive seen some of the work thats been done on the msf is there any chance of obtaining the files would greatly appreciate.

You’ll need to follow the instructions in the post which is 5 above yours. For Pin2dmd the files are locked to your display id, the author has to generate a set of unique files specifically for your display, there’s no other way to get them.
You will have to make a donation to the author in most cases, last time I did this it was €20, money well spent.
Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom