What's new

pin2dmd - colourisation files for Sega Merry Shelly Frankenstein

cmrl9

Site Supporter
Alias
cmrl
Hi,

Having no clue about colour dmd screens, i am trying to help update a pin2dmd screen 192/64 XL. I have worked out how to update the firmware to the latest.

Now im trying to update the colour files for a Sega Mary shelly Frankenstein.

Where do you get the actual colourisation files for this machine, is there a website? Is it a donation?

I found a forum page but can't work out where the downlad files actually are

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

You need to get an activation key for your Pin2DMD if it doesn't have one. Which is 20 euro's from memory.

Colour files I linked above with I believe optional tips to the authors.

You need to get an activation key for your Pin2DMD if it doesn't have one. Which is 20 euro's from memory.

Colour files I linked above with I believe optional tips to the authors.
Thanks, the screen is activated with a donation previously.

Currently the colour file in it is all blue :) looks cool but there is a full colour file howver when ever I click the link there no way to download it.

there a google drive link but its locked.

I was going round in circles thinking im going mad!

:)

I have dropped a message on the forum. I suspect they want a donation before access to the download link, which im happy to do, but its not clear even how!

Worked fine for me.

Downloaded fine?

You have a Google Drive account?

When you export for a real pin it will create 2 files. A .fsq and a .pal. You will need to rename them to pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal. Then just take the SD card out of the DMD and put it into your computer and drag those 2 files into the root directory of the SD card. Put the SD card back into the DMD, press the reset button and see what you got.

Thanks that very helpful, it's now working again. Although it's now back to blue 😋😃 so back where we started. Just testing it all.

God tonight I'm definitely a dumb dumb

Thanks that very helpful, it's now working again. Although it's now back to blue 😋😃 so back where we started. Just testing it all.

God tonight I'm definitely a dumb dumb

Hmm should be good as long you took from the real pin folder and renamed the files AND you're sure this one's activated with the key file.

I thought you had to get a different version for real pins?
I've got four pin2dmd colourisation files and the author had to give me access to a specific version activated for a real pin.
The later ones the author needed the ID of my display so it would only work on my one.

I did a bunch of testing for the road show colourisation and when I first had it (nearly two years ago now) I didn't need to go through all the hoops but something changed recently I believe.

I've got four pin2dmd colourisation files and the author had to give me access to a specific version activated for a real pin.
The later ones the author needed the ID of my display so it would only work on my one.

I did a bunch of testing for the road show colourisation and when I first had it (nearly two years ago now) I didn't need to go through all the hoops but something changed recently I believe.

Hmm could be.

I think he's reached out to the author already, but then the folder has the real pin files?

for dumb dumb sake i thought it was an abrivation for a make

yep :) I need to go in my loft tommorow and get the drimmel heads for you.

thanks, now I realise the folder actually meant a real pinball machine not some sort of branding!

I actually think it's some sort of setting or hardware issue, it's only displaying the RGB blue? Or am I incorrect?PXL_20221014_233246319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom