What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin2 Dmd fitting

Steve Arnold

Site Supporter
Hi all, when fitting pin2dmd in stern games do you remove old display and lense and just fit the display in its place without the lense? It won’t fit behind the lense without modification. Just wandered what you guys do?
I’m going to fit one in my new Gostbusters pin this week.

Thanks
Steve

If anyone has pics of what they did please post a pic on here.

Thanks

I guess if they similar to ColourDMD LED version you just use 4 standoffs.
I also fit dark tinted replacement window in LED screens to dial down the brightness slightly and ease the reflection issues.
I have fitted LED ver to GB, MET a few Bally/Will and recently on my DE TFTC.
Shout if I can help any

Remove the red colouring plastic. If there's a transparent one you can leave it for protection.

On my ACDC the pin2dmd reflected very badly on the glass/playfield - much worse than the original red dots. Solved by using a laptop privacy filter, can dig out a link if you need.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have some clear Perspex I can cut and try.
Will make some spacers and see what it looks like. If it’s too bad I will order a small piece of tinted Perspex from Trent plastics as I use them for arcade machine bezels.

Thanks
Steve

Back
Top Bottom