What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin Stadium - Thoughts

Tucks

Registered
Anyone used or seen these in the flesh?

Seems a pretty good idea as many games are very dark in places.

A quick skim makes them look just like LED kits suited to particular games? I can't see anything stand out that makes it look as if there's a big difference between this and just buying LED's apart from they seem to be even brighter.

Agree. Doesn't work on all games but a massive improvement on WOZ..

These are removable and can be swapped from machine to machine so for those with a sizable collection may be worth giving them a go.

Heard it mentioned at the end of the Star Wars SDTM video. They are their new sponsor.

As an aside, in case anyone didn't know, Batman 66 is now at Brew Dog in Shepherds bush. Still unsure about it.

Are they tied to the game logic? Lots of games darken the playfield to draw attention to a certain shot or to add extra immersion, I'm thinking LOTR for starters.

Can't see how adding a permanent light beaming down from both sides is going to do much other than spoil the game in my opinion.

I think it's just tied in to the G I. My Taxi is very dull so I'd actually quite like these for that but they're pricey and add postage and tax you can rule it out. You can adjust the brightness and colour options from an app on your phone. Pretty snazzy really

Says it fits in 10-15minutes. Rubbish. By the time I finish the decals, rebuild the playfield, get the pin working, fit colour dmd, fit Pinsound, flipper rebuild it's going to be at least 6 months....that's before I even take into account doing two bathrooms, a kitchen, tiling, kids bedrooms and the bedrooms...these people are living in cloud cuckoo land.......

Can't say I'm a fan. watched the review on SDTM, you have to remove them to lift the playfield. Some games are dark for atmosphere e.g. shadow (which they show but without the inserts being lit).

I liked the video and effects you can achieve, but as previously mentioned by the time you add postage and import duty for the full package you are looking at £250.

I impulse bought an Eveready 5m colour changing LED strip for £19.99 from B&M that I haven't found a use for. I might try to fashion something similar to the stadium lights.

I liked the video and effects you can achieve, but as previously mentioned by the time you add postage and import duty for the full package you are looking at £250.

I impulse bought an Eveready 5m colour changing LED strip for £19.99 from B&M that I haven't found a use for. I might try to fashion something similar to the stadium lights.
It would be good to see how you get on when your done.

Looks easy enough all you'll need to find is some black plastic right angle to fit the led's to.

Can you get led's on black tape or just white?

How would you fit them? Just you'd need to remove them when you lift the playfield.

Good luck.

It would be good to see how you get on when your done.

Looks easy enough all you'll need to find is some black plastic right angle to fit the led's to.

Can you get led's on black tape or just white?

How would you fit them? Just you'd need to remove them when you lift the playfield.

Good luck.

I haven't thought about any of that apart from "What can I do with this LED strip I've got?" :) It would be for my WOZ as it needs a bit of additional GI and I'd be keeping it as simple as attaching it place somehow and plugging it into the mains. I won't be connecting to any wiring in the game initially as no doubt I'd screw something up.

Don't know where your thinking of putting the strip but you'll not want the light hitting the glass.

Perhaps the easiest place to put it would be under the backbox area.

I haven't thought about any of that apart from "What can I do with this LED strip I've got?" :) It would be for my WOZ as it needs a bit of additional GI and I'd be keeping it as simple as attaching it place somehow and plugging it into the mains. I won't be connecting to any wiring in the game initially as no doubt I'd screw something up.

My WOZ has additional LED’s strips in trough and rear of playfield. Watching X-factor at the mo. Will get you photos latr..

Back
Top Bottom