What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin 2000 Star Wars light sabre

Steve Arnold

Site Supporter
Hi, I have the above pinball and the green light sabre isn’t working. Checked i have voltage at the sabre plug and I do. I’m guessing that the transformer may have failed inside the sabre. Before I buy a new one is there anyway to test the bulb is still ok if the transformer has failed?
also any uk suppliers for the transformer? Been the whole unit? Used is fine so long as it’s a worker.
once It’s fixed I will probably lost the machine for sale as it’s not one getting much use.

Thanks
Steve

Find the next neon shop and take it there. Usually is the tube iirc. They can make you a new one.

Hi, what do you mean the next neon shop. Do you mean the nearest neon shop?

thanks for he reply.

steve

I had one that failed and it was the transformer. Was easily obtainable at the time. Think Cirqus Voltaire uses same part also.

It is a common transformer. As @Garry Sp8 says - same one as used in CV. I picked one up for £20 pre covid. They are probably £200 now.

It also can be the ULN2803A chip on the power driver board.

Test the neon and check you have 12v going into it (disconnect old one). If the old tx has blown short it will take the ULN.

Back
Top Bottom