What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pimp me a table

maskeddev

Registered
I need a new game. I got up to £3,000 to spend. What could I get minty(ish)?

Fish Tales and High Speed 2 obviously...

Pimp me something cool please!

I like open playfields, sweeping ramps, and easy to understand rules with good call outs. Themes matter. Sounds matter. I'd be interested in a WWF or Star Wars game if it was any good but not one based on a comic book, a film, or whatever.

Owned a TOTAN. Love CV, CC, and MB... what could I love that's a bit cheaper?

Theatre of Magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like ToM (obvs as love TOTAN)... doubt there's many good ones going for £3k though?

NBA Fastbreak looks kinda fun for the price but could get boring, I don't really know the point to it? Don't really like Iron Man, played it last month at HQ in Chicago, no real reason.

Road Show's awesome, I'd go for one of those... and would pay more money for better conditions.

Never played Flintstones. If minty at that price and fun enough, could look past the theme!!

Would even consider do a deal for both of them :D

I need a new game. I got up to £3,000 to spend. What could I get minty(ish)?

Fish Tales and High Speed 2 obviously...

Pimp me something cool please!

I like open playfields, sweeping ramps, and easy to understand rules with good call outs. Themes matter. Sounds matter. I'd be interested in a WWF or Star Wars game if it was any good but not one based on a comic book, a film, or whatever.

Owned a TOTAN. Love CV, CC, and MB... what could I love that's a bit cheaper?
Sounds like you need a WH20;)
Not easy to find as of late though and they have really risen in price.
Did you know they once used to sell for £200? :D

Yep, love White Water! I imagine they sell for a fair penny too.

I like Whirlwind as well, what do they normally go for?

And I've not asked and maybe this thread'll do: how much do WWF Royal Rumbles go for and is it ****?

Flintstones is *fantastic* and even if you are lukewarm on the theme, you will come to love how well it is integrated; it's a match made in heaven. Stone-age comedy and rock-smashing sounds with the natural physicality of hurling a lump of metal around. It will also leave you with cash left over. In my opinion, they are very undervalued compared to other games. If I eventually secure enough of a windfall (or scrape enough pennies together) and the prices haven't gone up too much I will be quite likely getting Flintstones next.

WH2O... it's popular as hell and a good game, but I don't know, it's not for me at its current prices.
WW is a System 11 game so you will either have to be prepared to repair it, or to have a hard search for a good condition one. It's a Pat Lawlor game, nuff said.
WWF is better than the Stern new one, Wrestlemania, that's for sure...!

Did you know they once used to sell for £200? :D
I will never not be salty over being late into pinball. :(

Last edited:
Wwfrr is one of the most fun games you'll ever play. Get past the **** translite and it's awesome. I'd have another in heartbeat.
I sold my really nice almost minty one for £1000 I think about 3 years ago maybe slightly less.
These days you'll probably pay £1200-£1500 depending on condition.

Whirly is a stone cold classic and fairly rare to get hold of these days for a nice one. I wouldn't say they're loads of work. Mines been solid for about 5 years, just a bulb here and there. Expect to pay £1k-£1500 depending on condition.

Wh20. £200 will get you an average one hey @Sgt GrizZ

That's a hard sell on the Flintstones. I'd totally go for that. I should watch some youtube on it...

And a WWF Royal Rumble sounds alright as well. I'm a wrestling mark so no issues with the theme whatsoever.
(Anyone wanna sell me one?)

I own a few of the titles mentioned above.

I adore whirly, but system 11 games are nearly always cursed by knackered Playfields. They are pre diamond plate. So you get playfield wear or bubbling mylar. Usually both. I doubt you would find a minter. Of all titles mentioned above, I would take a whirly over any of them, fabulous pinball from the master.

Fish tales suffers nasty pf wear on the stringer inserts, most examples exhibit this. And nearly all have horrendous cab fade. You are unlikely to find a minter. The game is quite shallow. The sound track is not to everyone's tastes but I like it

Hs2 getaway usually has a good pf. But the red in the cab and head fades to candy pink. You might get a minter, but probably only if it has been re-decalled. The game is quite shallow but has an awesome soundtrack and theme imho

Roadshow playfields are usually good. The call outs and music are lame though. But it is a great player with good dept and great shot variety.

STTNG falls in your bracket ? These wear pretty well

Back
Top Bottom