What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peloton are ****.

johnh

Site Supporter
Hey folks, a bit random but worth an ask.... I bought a second hand tread around 9 months ago (I'm in the UK), the original owner had it for 11 months. In total, it's been used less than 80 times between me and the original owner (I know the original owner and know how little she used it, and I can also see her record in Peloton) and is immaculate. However, the motor is failing which seems pretty poor quality from a company that prides itself on making a good product. Peloton offer a 3 year warranty, but tell me that they won't transfer that to the second user, and of course I know If have no legal standing here. They are quoting me just under half the cost of a new tread to get this one repaired, which seems to pretty outrageous for a supposed quality product that it meant to be used day in day out, but has failed after under 100 runs in not even two years. I like Pelotons content, and would like to keep this, but honestly I can't afford, or justify, paying almost half the value of a new tread to get this one repaired.
So, my question - does anyone know of independent repairers for Peloton. I don't need a whole new base, the one I have is immaculate, I just need a new motor.

yeah, that ship has sailed :( Had I realised how bad the fault would be I would have done that, but it started off quite innocuous and so I called up which then made them aware that I wasn't the original owner.

yeah, that ship has sailed :( Had I realised how bad the fault would be I would have done that, but it started off quite innocuous and so I called up which then made them aware that I wasn't the original owner.
I'd still try it on. Get the women to phone them and say she still owns it and if they ask questions say you were a friend who just got confused or something similar.

Is the treadmill the one where they told people to stop using them as a few people got injured using them?
Nah, that was the Tread Plus. I think they refunded everyone with the Tread Plus, even people who bought is 2nd hand, so would have worked out better for me.

I'd still try it on. Get the women to phone them and say she still owns it and if they ask questions say you were a friend who just got confused or something similar.
I'm trying all trying it on angles, I'll add this one to the list :)

Reactions: JT.
They are quoting me just under half the cost of a new tread to get this one repaired
They start at £3,345 and about half, so they're quoting, "OW MUCH?" for a motor? About £1,600?

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 22.26.11.png

You need to get that motor rewound chap and put that charge back into the National Grid! Surely a rewind will only be about a couple of hundred squids, won't it?

They start at £3,345 and about half, so they're quoting, "OW MUCH?" for a motor? About £1,600?

View attachment 228713

You need to get that motor rewound chap and put that charge back into the National Grid! Surely a rewind will only be about a couple of hundred squids, won't it?
yeah, it's £1385 ! It's so sh*t that a product this expensive doesn't last two years!

yeah, it's £1385 ! It's so sh*t that a product this expensive doesn't last two years!
Damn, I'd phone around for quotes, surely there's nothing fancy in the motor to warrant that money.

WC2 postcode for the HQ, that’s a pita. I would be tempted to take it back and give them grief.
Good luck fixing it🤞

Back
Top Bottom