What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pc a Boom boom....

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Apologies for my absence over the last few days...Desktop PC PSU decided to go "pop" on Wed night taking out the ring main in the process... and have only just managed to get a replacement PSU (Was let down twice on FB marketplace... Amazon were quoting 72 hours on deliveries probably because of fallout from BF/CM)...

Last edited:
Been a while since I blew a PSU.
Where you bitcoin mining on a 4090 with a 12 gen Core i9?
If only!!

I was video editing... went to the kitchen for a cuppa... kettle didnt work... nor did the coffee machine... It had taken the trip out... reset the trip to find everything had come back.... other than the PC... Checking the PSU (ATX - Ground the green wire on the supply)... dead as a dodo....

My joke setup above needs at least 850W PSU which seems comical to someone who has started building PC’s over 25 years ago but bought macbooks for the past 8 years.
Weird when these things go, sometimes you get that electrical smell of a popped component, other times nothing but the consumer panel trips.
Glad you got it sorted.

Weird when these things go, sometimes you get that electrical smell of a popped component
So disappointed... not a whisp of smoke, nor a snifter of burning paxolin.

Still gonna strip it apart to see what finally gave up... The engineer in me tells me I have to :D

Amazon prime "free next day delivery" magically switches to 2-3 days around santy time. Which is pretty cheeky imho.

Back
Top Bottom