What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAT MAN(person) - Extensions/plugs word of warning

Crewey

Site Supporter
Teaching grandma to suck eggs with the brains in this place, but anyway just passing on the info. Please don't shoot....

PAT Man spent hours in the wife's studio yesterday, and condemned/decommissioned more items than we're accustomed.
Apparently amazon & ebay are riddled with items fitted with the below unsafe plug:

Fake plug types.jpg

and, this brand of extension are very poor quality:
Mscien poor extlead.jpg

That extension lead looks dodgy based purely on the name alone.

Which plug is the dodgy one (Assuming right with no fuse and smaller footprint) or did he say both are dodgy?

That extension lead looks dodgy based purely on the name alone.

Which plug is the dodgy one (Assuming right with no fuse and smaller footprint) or did he say both are dodgy?
Yeah there's so many of that brand online too

I'm assuming the right plug, as the left looks so much like the one on my kettle, coffee machine, microwave etc. at home.

OMG i wouldnt have even noticed the earth plug shielding!!!

He's right though... so many dodgy plugs from the east... no fuses, shielding etc... I just dont trust them and always replace with UK sourced ones

@Paul - become a PAT tester.
Money for old rope.
But extremely boring!

I would say 30% of imported mains leads are not up to the job.

A lot have 0.5mm or 0.75m cable - and they still fuse it with a 13a.

I did my PAT testing course (internally so unfortunately no certification) a good few years ago... :)
@Paul
Legally it just has to be done my competent person.
You actually do not need ANY QUALIFICATIONS.
Google it!

I did my training about 20 years ago.

Really common sense.

With moulded plugs now it is so much easier.

I have a £200 PAT tester that basically comes up with lights that say PASS or FAIL. You can get better ones that do bar codes etc.

Musicians need it doing every year now for corporate work.

It is money for old rope.

Back
Top Bottom