What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orders from Colly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverpaolo

Site Supporter
Cols asked me to post on here as he’s now no access to his emails or inbox on here.

If you have placed an order with him please note he can’t access this order at present and is worried about letting people down with their orders

Updated Note : please now contact Coly direct through Pinside at the below link to chase and place your orders

Many thanks

Last edited:
Wait a minute, Col got banned because of his mexican Stevie Wonder comment?! I'm shocked.

Wait a minute, Col got banned because of his mexican Stevie Wonder comment?! I'm shocked.
No. To be clear, he got points for something else which has been deleted from public view so the bulk of people haven't seen it although a number of people saw it and actually hit like, which considering the language used BLOWS MY MIND

6 months I heard, which I thought was harsh but he may have had a previous Ban.

I put a like on the deleted post for the video link and completely got the angle he was going for, Ive linked the video below. His post wasnt a racist rant, more an attempt at humour that clearly went over someone's head and triggered them.

I put a like on the deleted post for the video link and completely got the angle he was going for, Ive linked the video below. His post wasnt a racist rant, more an attempt at humour that clearly went over someone's head and triggered them.

Just satire 🤷‍♂️

To clarify I’ve spoken to Colly this morning and can I just say he is absolutely devastated that what he thought was a bit of tongue and cheek and on reflection now inappropriate has got him a ban from a community he loves so much.

He’s had literally over 20 calls this morning with support from people off the forum.

Anyone that knows col knows what a lovely guy col is and he wouldn’t intentionally hurt anyone

So what really BLOWS my mind is how someone making a simple mistake should get the book thrown at them with a six month ban … and please don’t quote the rules are rules nonsense. Give him a slap on the wrist, a warning or even a month ban but come on 6 month … now that blows my mind

Anyways il post his email address here when he sorts himself out

To clarify I’ve spoken to Colly this morning and can I just say he is absolutely devastated that what he thought was a bit of tongue and cheek and on reflection now inappropriate has got him a ban from a community he loves so much.

He’s had literally over 20 calls this morning with support from people off the forum.

Anyone that knows col knows what a lovely guy col is and he wouldn’t intentionally hurt anyone

So what really BLOWS my mind is how someone making a simple mistake should get the book thrown at them with a six month ban … and please don’t quote the rules are rules nonsense. Give him a slap on the wrist, a warning or even a month ban but come on 6 month … now that blows my mind

Anyways il post his email address here when he sorts himself out
I was about to post the same, 6 months is utterly ridiculous. If he was a constant/repeat offender then fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Last edited:
What's the context of what was said? Surely his ban can be reduced? Seems like a sledgehammer approach. Bit of transparency might be useful here no?

I posted a reply to try to point out that he was not thinking about what he posted. His response was ill considered and was deleted by admin because it used outdated racist terms. I was not triggered, merely trying to enlighten him that what was considered jovial in the 70s is no longer acceptable.

I didn't even point out that treating a disability as something to laugh at isn't big or clever. All he had to say was that it looked like someone wearing a blindfold was fitting stickers but he didn't.

Now who is going to tell me I am woke or whatever because I take into consideration how others might feel?

David

P.S. I never asked for a ban, I hoped he would reflect and reconsider his approach.

Careful what you say guys, this bit is in the rules too:

In the area of enforcement of the rules, the Pinballinfo Team are judge, jury, and executioner. Their decisions are not open for debate, and this is not a democracy. The moderators/admins are NOT to be mocked, ridiculed, called out on or questioned in the public discussion forums. Our moderation (in general) is NOT up for public discussion or to be questioned either.

"merely trying to enlighten him that what was considered jovial in the 70s is no longer acceptable."

Its no longer acceptable by people who no longer "consider" it acceptable. What about the other half that consider it acceptable?

I was about to post the same, 6 months is utterly ridiculous. If he was a constant/repeat offender then fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
Jesus, enough. He posted racist terms which was allegedly comedy. I gave him 50 points, if anyone prefers I can send them the post to report to the police and see how that goes.

I think a 6 month ban from a forum is peanuts in comparison

I also watched the video from the original comment and 'liked' the post. I took it as a self deprecating dig at himself for being out of touch, rather than something intended to upset others.

I am gutted; I am very new to the forum (but I felt I had to comment as Col was so welcoming when I joined). This seems incredibly harsh. Col is a massive asset to the forum, and you can tell a genuinely lovely guy who is well-liked. Given the information shared that this is having an enormous impact on Col's own well-being, I hope the penalty can be reconsidered.

There's this partnership that hasn't quite taken off yet;

World has gone mad! Absolutely bonkers! Pretty obvious col was not trying to offend intentionally!

Feels like hearing about my kid at school getting a code and a detention - Is this meant to be an adult forum? Seriously need to grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom