What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold or Trade - Earthshaker Project - Sinking Institute

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
I know it is summer, so the projects crew aren't on the lookout, and I know I have only just got it, but with the streaming going on... I am just not sure I am going to get time to do it... and it is a big job to get it where I want it... Plus I want games tombed and on tap for the streaming now. On top of which I have just found out that I need to replug the GI on my TFTC and repair the scoop on that etc. etc. etc. - you get the idea.

This has the sinking institute on it, so is one of the rarer ones... and has a lovely mirror backglass in it. The machine works and the current playfield - whilst trashed, could have the inserts levelled and away you go... ish.

Since I have had it I have...

- Re-pinned the GI and header
- Sorted the stuck flippers, ordered springs and fitted all those parts
- Fitted NVRAM
- Prepared new playfield, will require decals and clear coating - I would say it's 7/10 playfield compared to 3/10 in it

Good points

- Rare sinking institute version
- It's a project - who doesn't love a project
- Gorgeous mirrored backglass
- Bright display
- Not far from being playable, allbeit with a poorly playfield
- Spare nice playfield

Bad points

- Right hand side of cabinet has been repainted
- Right subway need investigating as popper doesn't return ball easily - can probably have this sorted before pickup if I get time, maybe there's gold in there?!
- It's a project, so needs re rubbering and LED's is your bag
- A few broken plastics

It currently owes me around £1100 - so looking for something with cash your way.

IMG_9136.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg
IMG_9141.jpg
IMG_9169.jpg
IMG_9470.jpg
IMG_9390.jpg

What am I looking for?

I would like to break even on this, in terms of the trade value. Plus something that is workable - I would prefer to trade up to a DMD game - I have a bit of cash by to do that, although if someone has a modern stern DMD I may be able to move some stuff around. Essentially, what have you got?

Attachments

• IMG_9372.jpg
    IMG_9372.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
You so missed the chance with the first line of the post to say “I know it’s Sunny Drive Time...” 😏
Only the prototypes had the sinking building, but there was a ($300) mod made by a pinhead in the USA to upgrade as the code remained in the ROM. You mostly likely have the latter, but you never know!
Loved mine. These are fun games and this looks like a great project. GLWTS

AF42FA5A-D48D-457D-BA2F-C7531E4A2CE7.jpeg
250C22FF-772A-45E7-9536-EE14FAE878E9.jpeg
C89E7550-081C-44BD-AD5D-108DA9100D3E.jpeg
75CAD8CB-24F4-43A4-B094-66608CEE1267.jpeg

More pictures - it’s honestly not that far off being ready to go - which I could do if someone wasn’t in for levelling the inserts and going through and replacing rubbers and bulbs - but that’s probably 5 hours work (and applying missing decals - which I have too) - think the GI still needs sorting too - Maybe 6 hours. Hit me up if you’re interested but the price and lead time on that being done will go up because if I do that - it’s getting streamed for a couple of weeks. Current playfield would do as a players pin - but this one I have would make it fairly nice.

I might be interested if your looking for a trade for arcade games and some cash your way?

Back
Top Bottom